Hiding unused apps.. especially verizon value added apps

rdmartin1

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to reduce the number of apps shown in my drawer so that I don't have to scroll so far to get to important items. I see HTC has a folder option to group apps. I can only stick it on the desktop. How can I stick apps in the folder and show the folder in the drawer?

I'm unrooted

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You can't show the folder in the drawer... but what you can do, if you want, is get a new launcher, which will allow you to hide unwanted apps in the drawer. I downloaded launcher pro about three or four weeks ago. It's free, but you can pay like three bucks to get a few extra widgets and I think a couple other things. It doesn't require you to be rooted, which I absolutely will not do (personal reasons). I was nervous to get it, but once I tried it, I loved it. You should give it a try. You can hide apps, and if you decide you don't like it, just uninstall. If you have questions, I'll gladly help.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Circle Launcher is another option if you really like sense ui. I have 4 circles on one screen to launch 1)contacts 2)games 3)media/social apps 4)tools.
When i tap my contacts, the people i associate with it all pop up in a circle, i tap the person, then all the ways to contact them pop up (call, text,email, view, facebook, map, etc)
I have all my used apps/tools easily accessable (flashlight 2 taps and on is useful as i have night blindness). Don't have to scroll thru the app drawer and remember what the specific name of each app is.
I know it doesn't solve your problem, but like so much with android, these solutions will give you the options you want and you can decide which suits you the best.

SoldierofCatan

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Circle Launcher is another option if you really like sense ui. I have 4 circles on one screen to launch 1)contacts 2)games 3)media/social apps 4)tools.
When i tap my contacts, the people i associate with it all pop up in a circle, i tap the person, then all the ways to contact them pop up (call, text,email, view, facebook, map, etc)
I have all my used apps/tools easily accessable (flashlight 2 taps and on is useful as i have night blindness). Don't have to scroll thru the app drawer and remember what the specific name of each app is.
I know it doesn't solve your problem, but like so much with android, these solutions will give you the options you want and you can decide which suits you the best.

+1 for this method. Although I'm using a combination of 2 apps to do this.

• Apps Organizer lets you organize all of your used apps into folders. I can even add the Car Pannel so I can access it within 2 clicks.
  • Desktop Visualizer lets me create custom icons and then I point them towards a folder from Apps Organizer.