FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was watching the vid on the front page of AC about the Sensation and I heard him mention HTC Trace, which is like swype but for HTC phones. I did some looking around but can't seem to really find any other info. or mentions about this. I am curious though if anyone thinks HTC would make this available for the Bolt, or possibly all its phones via a market download. I would love to give it a try to compare it to swype, especially if you could use it with the stock keyboard because the stock keyboard seems to suit my large fingers best and makes it easiest for me to type personally, it just lags a tiny bit sometimes so this HTC Trace sounds like a perfect solution to me.

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
swype was put on my new tbolt the afternoon i got it. luv it except for the small keys (as u also noted). HTC native version would be nice. I hope we see it in a Sense uptate?

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Idk if the bolt will ever see any sense updates ... at least not 3.0 from what I've seen. The thing that makes me feel this may not happen for us is because the first version was talked about on the sensation and that is running sense 3.0 so I really hope it is not just for phones with 3.0 + ... the keyboards have been driving me nuts lately because of the aforementioned large fingers, I am constantly switching between 3 keyboards now (swype, gingerbread, and stock) the gingerbread seems to lag less than the stock, but the stock keys are bigger than the gingerbread keys (at least to me it seems) but the stock lags too much for me sometimes when Im typing fast it can't keep up and then there's swype which works perfectly for me with no lag, but like you mentioned those keys are smaller and it tends to lead me to many more mistakes than I would like in a single message so Im constantly back stepping to correct these errors.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been gingerbread keyboard faithful for 4 months now. and I'm scoping out a HTC sensation so HTC trace should be fun to plat with.

speaking of gingerbread this keyboard rocks and my android keyboard keys seem to be the same. size as the gingerbread one.