Swipe on Thunderbolt

ipb_11

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can download the beta swype version from the swype website...however, it doesn't work great, has no auto space and lacks some features. So I found the swype for HTC Evo, downloaded it onto my Thunderbolt and it works exactly like it's supposed to.

Reactions: uflac1105

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the file but when I try to install my phone tells me that it's set to not allow installs of apps not downloaded from The Market. I see where I can change that and started to but then I get this scary msg about how I'm responsible for any damage blah blah blah.

Then I tried DroidXcon's link and wound up at some page that when I click the download button at the top it wants to save a file called WhiteSmokeInstaller_9128.exe ???

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the file but when I try to install my phone tells me that it's set to not allow installs of apps not downloaded from The Market. I see where I can change that and started to but then I get this scary msg about how I'm responsible for any damage blah blah blah.

Then I tried DroidXcon's link and wound up at some page that when I click the download button at the top it wants to save a file called WhiteSmokeInstaller_9128.exe ???

You will always get that message if you're downloading any app that's not from the market. Not sure of the file you mentioned, but I installed the one I posted, with no problems.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just tried this about an hour ago.
Locked my phone up. Rebooted, locked it up again.
My locked I mean non-responsive for 10 to 15 seconds.
I removed Swype and it's back to normal.

BAMF 1.5 Remix, factory radios, Lean Kernal Extreme.

I'm fine with not having swype, I'm sure I'm in the minority but I like the factory keyboard. But that being said, just wanted to share my experience in case others are experiencing it too.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just tried this about an hour ago.
Locked my phone up. Rebooted, locked it up again.
My locked I mean non-responsive for 10 to 15 seconds.
I removed Swype and it's back to normal.

BAMF 1.5 Remix, factory radios, Lean Kernal Extreme.

I'm fine with not having swype, I'm sure I'm in the minority but I like the factory keyboard. But that being said, just wanted to share my experience in case others are experiencing it too.

Could you point me towards this "Lean Kernal Extreme" I'd like to read more about it.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You will always get that message if you're downloading any app that's not from the market. Not sure of the file you mentioned, but I installed the one I posted, with no problems.
Ok, so I chose to change the settings to install it but I cannot find where to change the setting back. I'm thinking it's not a good idea to leave things open to install from other places since my grandkids sometimes play w/my phone.

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Swype on the Tbolt is so nice and silly in a way. my wife and i find ourselves sending sms to eachother alot more because swype can be a tool to initiate random sillyness as it makes sending big ol words with a "Love U" in the siggy so easy. Typing words like Zerubbabel or Mississippi in sms takes on a whole new level of silly waste of bandwidth : )

We are using the version for the EVO without any issues on our two stock Tbolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21