OCD and Screen Protectors

spazma7ik

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Applying a screen protector perfectly (no bubbles, dust/lint underneath, perfect amount of space on all sides) on my Thunderbolt was a damn nightmare. Steamy room, latex gloves, dust removing sticker, plastic squeegee and microfiber cloth and a steady hand were all it took.. OCD ftl.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
After ruining several screen protectors in the past, I've learned my lesson and had someone do it for me this time. I had the Zagg invisible shield put on it at Best Buy. Made a world of difference on reducing smudges and glare.

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
After I bought my steinheil, my gf saw it and wanted one for her incredible. When she got it, she put it on right away without reading the instructions. It looked horrible and she was trying to figure out why. When I saw it, I could not stop laughing because she had not bothered to clean the screen, or use the bubble removing tool in the package. In fact she never even saw the tool. Even typing this I'm still laughing. God I'm horrible. In any case, yes putting on a screen protector is OCD. would be the same way :-D

bosscib

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
After ruining several screen protectors in the past, I've learned my lesson and had someone do it for me this time. I had the Zagg invisible shield put on it at Best Buy. Made a world of difference on reducing smudges and glare.

Same thing I've been doing for the last few years. I've been through 4 devices, and about 6 invisible shields through Best Buy. $8 for installation, but after a day or two if there are any bubbles or other issues they'll replace it and an install a new one for free.

Bossxii

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My OCD is the opposite, in a way. I hate any sort of screen films. It's like a condom... it just feels better neeked :) Just carry a cloth to wipe off the smudges now and then and it's all good.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
>> My OCD is the opposite, in a way. I hate any sort of screen films. It's like a condom... it just feels better neeked

+1

JakesPrePlus

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I have OCD from hell and I let the rep/my friend put the screen protector on for me. She did a perfect job, which is something I rarely accomplish.

Zeutron

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I put a seidio screen protector on yesterday. Steaming shower, wiped counters down, phone down washed hands and applied. It looks great except right around the notch at the top of the screen, for some reason it will not lay down right. It's right above the Verizon check logo. Not sure what I can do about it.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I always use a screen protector. Got mine from Verizon and the rep actually got it perfect first try.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

JakesPrePlus

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I put a seidio screen protector on yesterday. Steaming shower, wiped counters down, phone down washed hands and applied. It looks great except right around the notch at the top of the screen, for some reason it will not lay down right. It's right above the Verizon check logo. Not sure what I can do about it.

Is it touching the raised plastic above the screen?

Zeutron

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Thats what I thought at first, but it' s not.It won't be a big deal if it stays like it is. The rest of the screen is perfect, just can't stand the finger prints.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I go outside to apply them. Less dust outside and after I clean the screen I lay on my back and apply the screen protector with the device upside down. Kinda like when laying in bed and using the phone by looking up at it. That way no dust can float down on the screen in between the time I clean the screen and apply the protector.

As far as bubbles go, I always use Clarivue or Steinheil and never have bubble issues. But yeah I'm OCD about it myself. If there is the slightest bit of dust or it's not centered perfectly, I take it off, trash it and start all over with a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar