gingerbread on TB?

Jman1093

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody heard more about if/when gingerbread is coming to the TB? I've only heard Q2 but I'd like help narrowing it down a bit.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Nothing heard but I assure you you will enjoy Gingerbread. Flashed a rom to my phone earlier running 2.3.3 epicly fast and small in disk space.

Edit: I said ported due to quick typing excuse my blunder.

Last edited:

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Nothing heard but I assure you you will enjoy Gingerbread. Ported a rom to my phone earlier running 2.3.3 epicly fast and small in disk space.

What rom? CM7? If it was something else, I think I might give it a try if you liked it. Going from GB back to 2.2 wasn't something I was looking forward to when I got the TB, but I figured GB Roms would come quick... Not so much.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What rom? CM7? If it was something else, I think I might give it a try if you liked it. Going from GB back to 2.2 wasn't something I was looking forward to when I got the TB, but I figured GB Roms would come quick... Not so much.

Yes CM7 rules, Tried out Icarus it was cool but this blew me away. Remember my phone has been stuck on Android 2.1 Damn you Huawei and Cricket! And no noticeable bugs either.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm nervous to flash and I kinda feel like it's too much trouble, so I'll be waiting for the official release.

I was at first, too, but with the guides stickied in the ROM section it is really easy. I'm using the pre-alpha version of CM7 right now but there are still a lot of bugs (as expected with a pre-alpha). The mics are reversed, so there is a terrible echo on the other end of phone calls, gps issues, etc.

But CM7 (with gingerbread) has a lot of potential. It is incredibly fast an light. When Tbolt officially gets gingerbread it won't be as light because it will get loaded down with Sense and Verizon bloatware again.