FIX for 1X DATA

spazma7ik

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
-Go to the ThunderBolt's phone dialer. Enter ##778# and hit Send.
-You'll get a pop-up labeled EPST, with the choice to "View Mode" or "Edit Mode." --You want "Edit Mode."
-You'll be asked for a password. It's 000000.
-Now flip down to "Modem Settings," and then choose "Rev. A."
-Change the setting from eHRPD to "Enable," hit OK, then press the Menu button on the phone and tap "Commit Modifications."

This gave me 3G back, hopefully works for others.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I woudln't attempt this. A data team rep is suggesting folks not to manually turn off 4G as that will create authentication issues. He said it's best to leave the phone the way it is and allow it to receive the fix once 4g is up and running.

JRZLocal

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This method does work but one thing to know is that it will turn off the ability to do voice and internet at the same time until you switch it back.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

happychets

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
yep this method does work.

and to the poster who said the rep told them this would cause authentication issues... I have done this switch probably 10 times without an issue.

ryan1972

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like Big Red are on their way to fixing it.

Per Twitter
"We have determined cause of 4G LTE issue & are working with major vendors to restore connections. Details as they come."

HOG#AC

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I woudln't attempt this. A data team rep is suggesting folks not to manually turn off 4G as that will create authentication issues. He said it's best to leave the phone the way it is and allow it to receive the fix once 4g is up and running.

I'm all for playing safe, same as tjubb. I have been cautioned by several different Verizon tech guys to simply wait. I am not so impatient that I can't suffer with 1X until Verizon gets their act together and has 4G working properly.