Something is CONSTANTLY syncing...

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I did a search and read up a little bit about someone having a similar issue but it dealt with email/gmail apps. I use only the gmail app. The email app has been removed from my phone, so I know its not that ;)

Let me explain, then I'll tell you my guess.

I have the following "accounts" set to sync:

- Twitter
- Facebook for HTC
- Google Account (including Gmail, Calendar,
- Weather
- Facebook (for Android)

All of those are set to sync WITH THE EXCEPTION of Facebook for Android. Under it's account, the sync with contacts I have not checked. Reason being FB for Android syncing to contacts made the contact pictures look AWFUL. Blurry as hell, no good. So I Said alright, I'll keep it on the phone for the widget, and instead I'll sync my contacts via Facebook for HTC since the pictures/contacts look how they should.

BUT SOMETHING KEEPS SYNCING and I can't figure it out. I see the little spinning arrow guy going right now.

I go into Google/Twitter/Weather/Facebook for HTC and its none of those.

WTF ELSE CAN IT BE?

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Under Running services it looks like its "FacebookSyncStream...." blah blah. I have since turned off background/auto sync and have rebooted. I'm trying to see if this kills whatever it is that is running...

Kind of annoying since everything was working flawlessly before I did this Facebook app switch :(

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Try settings>accounts>ur google account.

Look for little spinny thing there. Will tell u what's synching at the time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well if my battery wasn't shot from dicking around with this phone all night I would lol. I'll get back to you guys later. I'm pretty sure its something still associate with Facebook which is a load of crap.

JUST WORK HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO.

theGman911

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well if my battery wasn't shot from dicking around with this phone all night I would lol. I'll get back to you guys later. I'm pretty sure its something still associate with Facebook which is a load of crap.

JUST WORK HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO.

So u work at night too huh?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So u work at night too huh?

Sure do. Hospital. Forgot my phone charger this time :(

Thing that sucks is this phone worked great just before I did this whole Facebook thing. I may have to Clockwork myself back to where I was. That was all I switched.

Turned Facebook for Android off (in fact I deleted the whole account from "accounts.") Added Facebook for HTC Sense into accounts, selected sync with contacts. Thats when it went nuts. I noticed the sync arrows going for the longest time. I'm not sure what its doing. I think it might be sticking things into my calendar from ALL of my facebook contacts. I'll probably have to tell it to stop doing that (1).

Another thing that sucks is in order to use the facebook widget it works through Facebook for Android. lol what the hell...

My phone is off. Background data syncing is off. Auto syncing is off. All of the accounts are grayed out. I even turned off Google Voice because it was trying to update itself or something and I thought maybe that was it.

My finger is still pointing towards Facebook. And if I can't figure it out then I'm just restoring myself back to when things worked. AR HAHAHA!

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Doing some further digging looks like I need to move Friendstream app back into the system/app folder. Thank god I didn't delete it.

I'm going to give that a shot once I give my phone some juice and I'll report back. Seems silly, but thats what I think I need to do (First!)

ARGHHhdhdhfhaaaaaa :D

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
OK well I think I have at least figured out what needs to happen...

After I rooted I moved friendstream to a bloat folder on my sdcard which included friendstream.API and the odex associated with it. So things are gravy right? Wrong!

Syncing contacts to Facebook via Facebook for HTC sense requires friendstream for syncing. For what reason is beyond me...

So I try moving the apk and odex from sdcard to system/app. I noticed something strange though. The apk now says "friendstream.apk (No Install). So duh, when clicking on it and telling it to install it says it can't be done. Great.

Soooo I removed the Facebook for HTC sense from my accounts. No more syncing. Yay.

Now in order to install friendstream I read I have to push it via ADB.

can anyone walk me through those steps?

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. None of my email accounts seem to sync unless I do it manually. I have exchange and gmail set to every 15 minutes.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Not directly related to your problem, but if you haven't tried it, may I recommend the TweetDeck for Android app?

What I like about it is that it updates my Twitter and FB timelines all in the same place. I leave it running all the time, have it update every 12 minutes, and I haven't really noticed it killing my battery at all either. There are some included home screen widgets, but I'm not that crazy about them, and I guess that could be a deal breaker for some, but not for me.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Problem solved.

I believe this was due to the fact that the STOCK ROM that comes with the phone as you unbox it is ODEX'd. I installed BAMF, which is DEODEX. These two don't like to talk to each other. I mentioned something to the devs in the XDA forums and was given this response:

zhp pilot from XDA Forums said:
Try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?gyypgaygmuvspl7

I also included the fullscreen widget. Flash in recovery.

I booted into recovery, installed the ZIP and BOOMSKIES it showed up in the app drawer as well as system/app. Logged into my Facebook for HTC Sense account and synced everything. I think a huge sync problem is for the calendar. It was the last thing it kept trying to sync, so I went into calendar widget and just told it not to.

Its now set up nice and neat. Contact pics are nice and sharp. Thank goodness :D

xda-developers - View Single Post - BAMF Remix Extras: Let's Remix It Again [04.26.11] UPDATE: Market Icons

LeilaniLima

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Im having same problem as DJ BeanPole
After I rooted my phone I deleted the Friendstream app and now my phone will not stop syncing. I have tried to install the friendstream.apk using Astro and appinstaller and both say "application not installed". I have saved both the com.htc.friendstreamwidget.apk and the friendstream.apk to the root of my SD as well as under downloads and nothing seems to work. I am not sure how to move forward. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc