Nation wide 4g outage!!!!!

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
same here lol..it did lock on faster on 1x then when i'm on 4g, wth with that!!!
Well at least we know the GPS issues are not a hardware issue, but an eHRPD network issue. I just did a cold GPS start and locked on in 4 seconds to within 8 meters. Within 2 meters 3 seconds after that!! usually it takes 2-3 minutes just to get a lock and often starts at 40 meters accuracy :O

Maybe that's what they were trying to fix that started this whole mess :D

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Still 1x here in norther jersey (Bergen County) I wonder what it could be that could cause a nationwide outage.... Just doesn't make sense to me.

SF DINC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Finally back on 3G in SF.......Hmmmmmm.........will it or will it not be back up when I wake up in the morning......a guy can dream can't he?????

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else in a 3G area have EVDO Rev-A instead of eHRPD for Mobile Network Type under the Network information screen? Wonder if Verizon cheated to get it back up. Speeds over 3G are almost a full Mbps faster than previously though.

jfb336

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else in a 3G area have EVDO Rev-A instead of eHRPD for Mobile Network Type under the Network information screen? Wonder if Verizon cheated to get it back up. Speeds over 3G are almost a full Mbps faster than previously though.

That's how mine is. I fell asleep yesterday afternoon around 6 with 1X. When I woke up around 9, it was showing 3G. The mobile network type for me is CDMA - EvDo rev. A. I had manually changed it earlier in the day, but had changed it back to eHRPD before falling asleep. I guess it doesn't matter much since the speeds are what I had before.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
New York is back up and running today. You may need to reboot the phone. I was still in 1X this afternoon ... rebooted my phone and 4G was back. :)