Some days battery drains fast, other days normal?!

hnguyen30

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Some days, my battery will just drain at a rapid rate even if I am doing nothing. And by rapid rate I mean, 10% in about 45 mins. Normally I unplug my phone at about 7am and it lasts till about 8pm, and the only thing I really do is email, surf web, text and very little calling. I use it about the same if not less on days where it drains at a much faster rate. Does anyone else have this problem?

I find that restarting my phone will help, but sometimes I dont realize draining so fast until I have about 70% left, then I restart it and that will knock it down another 10%. So I have 60% battery left for the rest of the day, and itll only be like 9am.

I restart my phone every 3-4 days, what about you guys? Do I just need to be restarting more often?

The only app I have installed is words with friends which I play maybe 2 or 3 words a day. I have 20% brightness, turned off GPS/wifi/bluetooth, I live in 4G area, and I already did the blockbuster thing. This has happened several times now, so I assume its just not a one-off thing.

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Every once and a while i find it is warm and sucking the battery dry. Sometimes a reboot fixes it, sometimes it is something else like updates not downloading completely or sync issues. I find that fast battery drain, warm handset go together, and usually i need to ferret out something problematic if a reboot doesn't fix it.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. Irritates me to no end... I believe it has something to do with the radio. The mystery current pull only stops when I put the phone on airplane. But start again if I take airplane off. A reboot normally resets stuff.

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've actually noticed a similar trend, battery drains slower after restarting, but the longer it goes since that restart, the faster the battery drains.

So I've made it a habit to just restart each night before I go to sleep, and then charge it.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
My guess would be signal fluctuations. If you have wifi access, try using that as much as possible. That should stabilize your battery.

Vlosaloty

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Some days, my battery will just drain at a rapid rate even if I am doing nothing. And by rapid rate I mean, 10% in about 45 mins. Normally I unplug my phone at about 7am and it lasts till about 8pm, and the only thing I really do is email, surf web, text and very little calling. I use it about the same if not less on days where it drains at a much faster rate. Does anyone else have this problem?

I restart my phone every 3-4 days, what about you guys? Do I just need to be restarting more often?

I have noticed the samething. I usually use it either less or just a tad bit more and it seems to drain faster after not rebooting. It gets on my nerves. Battery draining fast and certain contact ringtones not playing has been the biggest thing for me. If they can fix those 2 then this phone would be hands down the best.

danean08

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this also. On mothers day I unplugged at 7 am. By 1 it was beeping that it was going dead. Only had it in my purse and had not used it. Today it was unplugged at 7 and it is 11:40. Still have 85% very weird.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
never happened with my last 2 android phones, both Motorola

last week my phone used up 50-60% of the extended battery in 3 hours and I did not use the phone, today in 7 and a half hours, and using the phone a little, it has used 9%

This and the fact that I am constantly losing my data connection is taking its toll. This is my first and last HTC phone if there is not an update soon to fix these issues. It is not something like the ring tone changing (not to downplay that if it bothers someone else as it doesn't bother me) but this stuff is effecting the usability of the phone for me!

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having same issues with my phone too! Yesterday, I got almost 12 hrs, and today only at 5 hrs, and I am now getting the warning I need to Charge my battery! I haven't changed the way I use my phone at all! I use it the same way day in and day out! It just doesn't make any sense to me!!

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this same issue. I can tell by the warm battery. Usually a restart resolves the issue and I will have about 10% less battery than before the reboot.

Odd. Hoping the update will resolve this. I am in a strong 4g area.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
happening to me too. cannot seem to find correlation...but still seem to love this device a lot!

hopefully in 2 years time from now, battery technology will be better and hopefully HTC will implement it too! :)

OC Nut

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, warm phone and battery drain also go hand in hand for me. If I am on 4G and the phone is not warm, I am seeing standby drain of about 8%/hour (still awful, as phone will die by 4pm with moderate usage). But if the phone is warm, the drain can be something (even more) ridiculous like 20%/hour. This is usually some kind of rogue process, I think.

Fortunately, I can live on office wi-fi, where standby drain is about 2%/hour. Lately I have been rebooting in the morning about half an hour before taking it off the charger, which provides a little bit of bump charge/topping-up effect (since the boot seems to reset the battery indicator from 100 to ~93).

I am on stock phone, stock battery, pretty good 4G area.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2