e-HRPD has officially been disabled!@@@@$#

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So I am in a non 4g area and after the outage Verizon officially shut down e-hrpd! They said you have to go into a 4g area to officially reactivate it! I am really annoyedwith this. I have rev.a only now which is slower and no voice and data.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You were told some bs there, as i'm in a non 4g area and i'm on eHRPD right now. Maybe you should check the modem status to see if it's been changed to just rev.A. And eHRPD is the same speed as rev.A, there is no difference, just one is able to voice/data at the same time, that is all.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
You know, i've never tried that the 2 times i've manually put my phone in rev.A. I'll have to check that out later. It was my understanding that it was eHRPD that could only do that. Then what exactly is eHRPD for if you can do that under rev.A?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You know, i've never tried that the 2 times i've manually put my phone in rev.A. I'll have to check that out later. It was my understanding that it was eHRPD that could only do that. Then what exactly is eHRPD for if you can do that under rev.A?
Faster Switching.

-Frank

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
eHRPD is the path Verizon used for their LTE migration. It's supposed to allow the soft handoffs between EVDO and LTE and back when required. As stated above, simultaneous voice & data does indeed work while running on Rev A due to the way the voice and data radios are set up separately. That said, I'm in Raleigh, NC and my network type also says Rev A even after switching the setting to Enabled and then back to eHRPD after reboot multiple times.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
so even if I DONT live in a 4G area, if I buy the Bolt, I will be able to use voice and data at the same time on just a 3G connection?

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
so even if I DONT live in a 4G area, if I buy the Bolt, I will be able to use voice and data at the same time on just a 3G connection?

yup. It works perfectly fine over 3G. Even with 4G and the eHRPD network down yesterday, I tried simultaneous voice & data and it still worked. It's the first and may be the only one for a while that can do it over 3G.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
eHRPD is the path Verizon used for their LTE migration. It's supposed to allow the soft handoffs between EVDO and LTE and back when required. As stated above, simultaneous voice & data does indeed work while running on Rev A due to the way the voice and data radios are set up separately. That said, I'm in Raleigh, NC and my network type also says Rev A even after switching the setting to Enabled and then back to eHRPD after reboot multiple times.

I just checked and I'm on eHRPD.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Just because you're set to that through the ##778# menu does not mean you're on it. Check under settings > phone info > network

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just because you're set to that through the ##778# menu does not mean you're on it. Check under settings > phone info > network

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

Well that way, I know I'm technically on LTE, since I live in an LTE area. I'll know what it's set to tomorrow when I leave the St. Louis area when I go to Branson.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I know they are suppossed to be the same speed and stuff but my sppeds went from 1600-2200kb to 400-700kb!!! However ironically my ping went from 450ms to 150ms??

caseydietz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know they are suppossed to be the same speed and stuff but my sppeds went from 1600-2200kb to 400-700kb!!! However ironically my ping went from 450ms to 150ms??

I agree, in Des Moines my 3G speeds have been really slow since yesterday's fiasco. I even unrooted to see if it was the leaked radio I flashed, turns out, nope... :(

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
When i do this settings > phone info > network
What should it read if all is right, i did the switch to 3G last night to get my phone working as i had ZERO service, but did the switch back all per the XDA directions before i turned in. And this morning i woke to 3G service.

Just want to make sure im back to right, it currently says
Mobile network type CDMA - EvDo rev. A

Is this what i want to make sure my 4G LTE is ready to go, i am in a fringe area, my 4G comes and goes.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
When i do this settings > phone info > network
What should it read if all is right, i did the switch to 3G last night to get my phone working as i had ZERO service, but did the switch back all per the XDA directions before i turned in. And this morning i woke to 3G service.

Just want to make sure im back to right, it currently says
Mobile network type CDMA - EvDo rev. A

Is this what i want to make sure my 4G LTE is ready to go, i am in a fringe area, my 4G comes and goes.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well because I'm seeing the same thing.

Is CDMA - EvDo rev. A = eHRPD?

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
So why am I still in CDMA - EvDo rev. A. I haven't changed anything.

And doing the ##778# thing under modem settings I see that Rev. A has been set to eHRPD.

*confused*

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
So why am I still in Rev A. I haven't changed anything.

My guess is they dropped those in 3G areas to Rev A as a sort of temporary Band-Aid fix while they straighten out the other problems. For anyone in fringe areas, does it still hand-off correctly from Rev-A to LTE and back like it should?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000