TBolt Only Connects to 4G or 1X, Not 3G

EvanGMan

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Ever since the outage, my TBolt has only been connecting to 4G or 1X -- not 3G. When I'm on public transit for example, I used to get 3G only - but now it connects only to 1X. To make sure this wasn't a signal problem, I downloaded the LTE onOFF app, and sure enough, I could not get 3G anywhere.

Any advice? Does this have something to do with the outage? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

EvanGMan

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you do the ##778## fix ? if so reverse it. Also, have you re-booted the phone? that will likely reset it

Everything was set properly... after a few battery pulls, it seems I'm finally able to get 3G signal if I shutoff 4G. Maybe it was just a fluke. Was I the only one with this problem post-outage? I wonder...

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I had to restart several times before things seemed to sort themselves out again (I live in a 3G-only area)

realitydigg

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
You probably aren't alone, but probably one of the few who have noticed... I am in a 4g area so i havent even looked for 3g for example, and my guess is by the time i am out i will have rebooted or restarted enough times that i wont run into it...

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had nothing but headaches maintaining any kind of connection since Sunday. Pretty sure the network has been hosed since then. Hopefully they get it straightened out soon.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just to chime in here... my post-fix operation has been better than ever. This includes a couple of new 4G antennas near my home, and my switching between 4G/3G is highly improved in speed and reliability. I don't think I've lost all data since the network fix. My phone is set at the default's as far as the tweaks go (i.e. CDMA/LTE-EvDO auto and eHRPD enabled).

My personal thoughts on this is that when VZW rolled out the fixes they included a patch/fix to the towers in the way they handle eHRPD. Even though I'm set at eHRPD, I'm not sure I'm getting it. And, I think this eHRPD has been a big issue all along with "no data" problems. I believe they either disabled eHRPD and/or changed the code to be more friendly when it is not available/functioning. Just my thoughts.

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers