HELP!!! Network connection failed

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
the TB cannot maintain a connection. it constantly says netowork connection failed. i turn it off, then on again. it stays connected for a bit - then bam.

this just started happend for about 2 weeks. i didn't have a prolem prior to that since i got it (4 weeks). VZW rep never heard of this....sent me a new SIM card. waste of time, still messed up. i think others had this issue - thx

jigz23

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been doing this also ever since the network outage a couple days ago. I'm in the middle of prime 4g and now i'll just go back and forth from 4g to 3 to nothing constantly.

jerobi

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I haven't had reliable 4G since last weekend. My phone shows me the 4GLTE connection icon and there is often activity on the up arrow...but I get no data connection at from it.

Earlier in the week I even reset the phone to factory defaults. I tried the HTC rom update, hoping the new radio upgrades might fix it. Nope. Same thing. I tried tech support, no luck. I get NO data connection unless I change the settings to use 3G. For a week now. This is ridiculous.

Is anyone having the same problem? 4G connected but never any usable data connection? I'm in the NYC area.

TimeLike

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this problem. The 4GLTE icon is turned on and the up arrrow is lit up, but there is no connection. Then if I move about ten feet away it works fine. Then it shuts off again. Very shaky these past few days that's for sure.

TimeLike

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm aware of the outage and assume my troubles are related to it. I'll give it a few more days to see if it works itself out.

xeon711

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Before the outage I was also having the up arrow 4G issue where the data was not working. This would happen once or twice a day. I had to go to Settings - Wireless & networks - Unchecked Mobile Data then checked it back. 4G came back. However, this has not happened to me since the outage... Las Vegas

jerobi

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Before the outage I was also having the up arrow 4G issue where the data was not working. This would happen once or twice a day. I had to go to Settings - Wireless & networks - Unchecked Mobile Data then checked it back. 4G came back. However, this has not happened to me since the outage... Las Vegas

Thanks. I've tried the method you mentioned, airplane mode, resets, power down + back on, etc. Nothing seems to work. Once it locks into 4G I get occasional up arrows...and no data connection.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My 4G data seems fine but the past two days my phone reception has been terrible. No problem browsing the forums. But few or no bars for phone calls.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Frank due you think Verizon might have took ePHRD back offline again today, cause I notice when my phone should be changing modes it doesn't drop back to 3G mode like its suppose too thru certain times of today. My 4G data icon just disappears and have to go into settings and cut off and on again with the phone stating connection failed?!!

jerobi

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a Tier 2 Verizon tech, who added a HTC tech to the call at one point. The HTC part went nowhere...they were happy to just back off things as it being a 4G issue that Verizon has to sort out. The Verizon tech was quick to admit that they were still having residual 4G issues from the outage - although no specific issues for my zip code.

The tech (nice guy) said that he HAS heard from a few people today with the same issue (3G works fine, 4G has no data when connected). He's looking into it further and is calling me back over the weekend.

He also tried doing another refresh to my phone from his end but that didn't seem to help.

TimeLike

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info about your phone call with Verizon tech. I'm still out of luck here in Cincy. As soon as I leave the house and my wifi behind me, the 4G light kicks on and my mobile internet kicks off. Doesn't come back on until I get back home. Nothing on my end seems to help. I'm going to give it the weekend before I call and complain.

jerobi

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Anytime.

For now I've just got 4G disabled - you might want to do the same so that you can use your web apps away from the house using 3G. It's far from ideal but it helps for now.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I figured vzw was still having problems from the outage because I have never had this issue before the network went down. It was very annoying driving from sandusky ohio to canton today with maps not working properly!!!:mad:

NeuroNY

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Jerobi, thanks for flagging this! I thought it was just me. I'm in Manhattan, NY (so same area as you), and I've had this problem for the past two weeks. Basically, at work, I get 4G with 2-3 bars. However, there is NO data connection. If I force it to 3G, then I'm fine. But that's only at work - when I go home or elsewhere at the city, my 4G data works fine. I suspected it might be my specific tower at work, but who knows?

I've also spoken to tier 2 techs (3 times now), I've done 3 factory resets, I've done the switch from eHRPD -> Rev A enabled -> eHRPD. The tech even told me that it might be because I used Phone Info, and that permanently screwed up the phone. Anyway, they're sending me a new phone under warranty, which will arrive Monday. If that doesn't solve the problem, hopefully VZW will look into this specific cell.