San Antonio TX TBolt users

gsxrchad

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Question for any Thunderbolt users in San Antonio TX

I seem to always loose 4G. Either drops to 1x, lose download data, or more commonly, no data connection at all. Happened before this past Verizon outage and with the networks restores, it is back to how it was before. During the outage I was on the "other" 3G network and it was stable - best battery life I have every had with this phone.

Ya, when the radio is bounding around, I cannot sync and the battery is drained FAST.

My Q is do I have a bad phone or are others in San Antonio having the same issue?

thanks

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have pretty much the same problem. I've just chalked it up to weak 4G signal in my house so most of the time I just leave my phone on 3G since its plenty fast to browse the internet with. I live on the fringe of 4G coverage (out in the Helotes area) also, so not sure if that has anything to do with it. I got sick of it taking several seconds to connect to a network so like I said, I just downloaded LTE on/off from the market and keep my phone in 3G 90% of the time.

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't live in San Antonio, but I was there from April 17-22 (Balcones Heights area). It worked beautifully for me. I loved the WiFi Hotspot tethering. Everything was smooth & I never had any occasion when I didn't have a connection or things didn't sync.
(Was visiting relatives & came from Albuquerque where we don't have 4G yet, so it was great to get to try it out)

gsxrchad

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I live near Blanco and Bitters, and work at 410 and Callaghan. I have no problems with LTE (other than the national outage). I've had my 'Bolt since release.

Interesting. I work at 281 and Bitters facing the HD and in my office I usually have no data. If I disable 4G, I am rock solid on 3G. This is my primary problem location.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma