HBO Go not compatible?

LoD_Cin

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone installed the HBO Go app on the Thunderbolt? The market won't let me, it says the verizon htc adr6400l not a compatible device. Also when i search for it from the market app on the phone it doesn't show up

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone installed the HBO Go app on the Thunderbolt? The market won't let me, it says the verizon htc adr6400l not a compatible device. Also when i search for it from the market app on the phone it doesn't show up

They don't want us using our uber fast phone network to browse the tv interwebs

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I was able to install it without a problem earlier today on my thunderbolt and it works great. Stream near instantly in just 2-3 seconds to buffer on 4G LTE and is very clear.

Now I did have it crash on me once and then it said This GO ID is already streaming and wouldn't let me start it back up. I just went into to settings and Changed/made up a new ID and got back to watching my movie.

LoD_Cin

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was able to install it without a problem earlier today on my thunderbolt and it works great. Stream near instantly in just 2-3 seconds to buffer on 4G LTE and is very clear.

Now I did have it crash on me once and then it said This GO ID is already streaming and wouldn't let me start it back up. I just went into to settings and Changed/made up a new ID and got back to watching my movie.

great so this is a problem with my phone or account then. Should i contact Verizon or Google?

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
great so this is a problem with my phone or account then. Should i contact Verizon or Google?
Honestly I don't know but I'd try Verizon or even emailing HBO Go support before trying Google.

I'm no expert but i know people are going to ask if you are stock or have you rooted and loaded a custom rom.

Also what time did you try to download it today just to see if someone else can confirm they were able to download it later than you. Just in case for some odd reason they removed support for the Thunderbolt. Wish I could be more help. Hopefully one of the more informed people will pop in here and help.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I had that same issue. I just did a restart on my phone and now it plays great.

Reactions: Anubis

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I had that same issue. I just did a restart on my phone and now it plays great.
Ya know I thought of trying that but i took the faster lazy route and just typed a new name in lol. Good to know that works for the next time time. Thanks for letting us know that.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
IMO, this is now THE android application. Unbelieveable to have all this content anytime I want on my Tbolt. EVERY episode of the Sopranos for FREE!! Well minus my subscription but I was already paying that plus you cannot watch whatever you want on TV like you can on this app!

LoD_Cin

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I don't know but I'd try Verizon or even emailing HBO Go support before trying Google.

I'm no expert but i know people are going to ask if you are stock or have you rooted and loaded a custom rom.

Also what time did you try to download it today just to see if someone else can confirm they were able to download it later than you. Just in case for some odd reason they removed support for the Thunderbolt. Wish I could be more help. Hopefully one of the more informed people will pop in here and help.
I just tried it about an hour ago. Also i am stock

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
IMO, this is now THE android application. Unbelieveable to have all this content anytime I want on my Tbolt. EVERY episode of the Sopranos for FREE!! Well minus my subscription but I was already paying that plus you cannot watch whatever you want on TV like you can on this app!

You can connect your PC to your TV and steam all the same content from the HBO GO site. :)

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I just tried it about an hour ago. Also i am stock
Well hopefully someone can confirm they have downloaded after say 4:30pm est to to make sure they haven't pull support or something odd.

Have you tried to go to the browser based android market-sign-in and click install, starting a remote install. I once found a app I couldn't install from the market and got around it that way.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hbo.android.activity&feature=search_result

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513