Some apps not working while using 4G?

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Can someone explain why 4G cannot play nice with some apps? Some of the apps I have installed (including words with friends, worms, nook, and a few others I cannot think of off the top of my head) constantly force close when I am in a 4G area, but work fine when I am using 3G. I don't really understand how a faster connection can create this problems, so a little clarification would be great. Thanks!

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain why 4G cannot play nice with some apps? Some of the apps I have installed (including words with friends, worms, nook, and a few others I cannot think of off the top of my head) constantly force close when I am in a 4G area, but work fine when I am using 3G. I don't really understand how a faster connection can create this problems, so a little clarification would be great. Thanks!

Words with friends has issues with 3G and 4G, Iphone or Android.

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree; however, it is MUCH more stable when using 3G. Every time I go into a 4G area, it is unusable. While using 3G, it force closes every other day. There is a big difference.

Not really it worked great today with 4G but then after the update in 3G it crashed 2 times. But the word from Zynga is they are working on a more stable game for all phones.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Not really it worked great today with 4G but then after the update in 3G it crashed 2 times. But the word from Zynga is they are working on a more stable game for all phones.

Based on my experience, words with friends works better over 3G. Getting back to the main reason I posted, some apps that I have come across do not work well over 4G. Another app that I just thought of is IMDB. Works fine over 3G, but scrolling the main screen in 4G results in random force closes. This is not an isolated occurrence...