app suggestion or advice

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
total n00b, i have a very large music collection and would like to be able to stream my tunes from my home server to my thunderbolt over the LTE connection. could someone point me in the right direction, i'm sure there is something that would let you do this.

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the recommendation guys, after a little research (and subsonic server crashing on load) do either of you know if audiogalaxy streams through their site or if it is independent i do not like the idea of posting up all that info to their sites.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not exactly sure man. I mean. Initially I loaded on the site, but the server runs separate in the background. Maybe I didn't need to do that site part at all. Can't remember exactly.

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
jst checked out winamp, it only syncs via wifi. is there an app to trick the phone into using LTE instead of wifi? i know i could do that on my iphone years ago.

irie27

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I use subsonic and love it. I think you have to pay for the video streaming. It's worth it. I've been running it on my linux box for a few years now.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I use subsonic and love it. I think you have to pay for the video streaming. It's worth it. I've been running it on my linux box for a few years now.

You basically have to pay for anything over 30days. One time $15ish donation is what I gathered from it. Still setting up...

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I got lazy, when I needed to log into my router, because the password is on another computer. I'll try to finish up tonight and let you know how it goes.

I'm using this guide that I found on their forums... pretty good stuff.

SubSonic Guide

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Finally got SUBSONIC running after 5+ hours of setup! I not real good with network static ip's and port forwarding, but I finally got it with a combination of that guide and portforward.com It seems insanely powerful! Music and videos work great as far as I've tested so far. I still need to test 3g, I only did it over wifi so far. If all goes well I may keep it after 30days for a one time $15.

lol, nm, damn, it was only working because i'm on wifi... bitter. What a noob

Last edited:

crescent

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
fellas i tried them all and subsonic server started working. absolutely the greatest day of my life to have my collection in my hands at all times!

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That's great dude! ...err stuck on port forwarding, lol

Nm, got it! Whoot! :D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21