Finally!!!

MikeDUBS

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I guess I should've thought about the title. Didn't even realize that people would think I got the OTA.

I was worried about battery life, but I can make it through a full day on one charge with moderate use. I guess I'm one of the lucky few without battery issues.

Thunderbolt HO!!!!

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think people just choose to complain about battery life. Look at how many threads are created about the same topic. Moderators need to step in. It's really annoying.

Seriously. I'm so sick of people making battery threads. First, it's not that difficult to adjust your phone for better battery performance. I've done it with all my smartphone, including BlackBerry.

Secondly, why would anyone need a battery to last two days? Who here doesn't charge every day? Who are these people living in tents in the woods that need their phone to last 30+ hours? It so, get a feature phone.

I was getting 10-12 hours using stock battery. I debated with myself as to whether I wanted the extended battery. 10 hours is plenty for normal days.

The reason I got my extended was for longer days when I may be traveling and not near an outlet. But even last time I traveled there were outlets available everywhere...airport, on the Amtrak even.

I hike a lot and got it for that reason too. But honestly, I can't even kill this battery. It lasts 20-36 hours of heavy use. I love it. Now I can have my screen bright, GPS on, and browser heavily without any tweaking.

I hope the Mods start merging or closing redundant threads.

Accrete

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm one of those that can find himself in the woods for days... my wife and i gold prospect and a favorite area is on the fringe of 3g coverage in the Mt.Saint Helens area. It's nice to have battery juice for an extended stay (and now with 2 ext.batts i'm good for the whole 4 days we are typically out).

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I turn my phone off when I camp. That's the best part of being out there or me. But yeah, that's why I got mine too. Otherwise, the stock battery is good.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
What a great post. Remember guys and gals. We all like this phone. It isn't perfect, but it is better than what we had.
I love going somewhere and putting my phone face down where that 4G LTE on the back shows.

Too bad they didn't make that light up. OMG what a great idea. Someone make it happen!

GAH.. Battery life is bad enough.. maybe if it used a lil button watch battery.. But the LAST thing my T-Bolt needs is another batt drain..:(

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Seriously. I'm so sick of people making battery threads.

I hope the Mods start merging or closing redundant threads.

That's funny...didn't I say the same thing about all the I'm stuck in 1X no LTE threads that popped up...yet some people jumped on my back and said I was looking for attention and that If I didn't like it...don't read it, no one is forcing you to open the topic.

Just saying...shoe is on the other foot now. How's that fit?:-*

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's funny...didn't I say the same thing about all the I'm stuck in 1X no LTE threads that popped up...yet some people jumped on my back and said I was looking for attention and that If I didn't like it...don't read it, no one is forcing you to open the topic.

Just saying...shoe is on the other foot now. How's that fit?:-*

Um, this thread isn't about battery life! I skip all those, don't open them let alone post in them!

I don't remember you or your post. Stalker much? :p

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Chrisy,
Almost 1700 posts, member since January of this year, first android phone.

And I'm looking for attention? PW4Sure.

MMM....OK.

Just saying....my point was all the 1x/LTE outage posts needed to be combined.
You're saying the same thing about the battery threads...but I was wrong...and you're....still posting....

I can get back on topic. My bad.

Professionals that use this phone constantly for email, navigation, etc., and put in 10 to 12 hours days can not get a full day out of battery life. They'll have to charge their phone once if not twice a day.

Coming from a blackberry which you can easily get 1-2 full days of charge on...that's a HUGE point.
True Operations folks aren't always near a computer or an outlet, they're taking care of customers, clients, or...operations.

Reason I'm posting that is to debate your statement of who can't live with 10 hours on normal days.

Professionals can't....cause they won't see 10 hours.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't care.

I'm still posting? I post everyday. I didn't start a thread complaining about people making threads.

Sorry you're not over it. Get over it soon I hope.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you read the OP. There is no topic. Just a guy who got a new Tbolt! You're not being very welcoming. Lol.

The differnce is, I didn't start an entire thread complaining about what I consider useless threads. That's all. No big deal. I can feel annoyed at something but not act on it.

Not sure what your comment about me having 1700 posts, member since Jan and first Android phone means. I have 9000+ posts on CrackBerry. I like smart phones. Your point?

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Got it. Can't start one but have no problem jumping in on or thanking others. Check.
There is no topic, but you felt compelled to complain about battery threads that annoy you.
Check.

Good point all.

Sorry for the rant OP. Welcome to the club. Great phone, best I've had, used and tested yet. Strong enough that paid for this one out of my own pocket instead of letting the company pay for it because I realized it's potential.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find one phone that does it all perfectly. Anything that does one thing extremely well usually lacks a bit in one thing or another.

Learning curve is another. I've tested other droid devices but I was a pretty strict BB user. LTE changed the game for me. I still like the unified from the factory email on a blackberry (and...lol...the battery life) but it ends there. (Ok, I lied, I like the admin/exchange/remote functions for a Blackberry on an Enterprise solution)

I liked the phone a lot when it was stock and I was just screwing around and learning.

I LOVE the phone now that I've made the jump to rooting it, trying different ROMs and Kernals to make the phone work how I want it to, and customize it how I see fit.

The only regret I have was not doing it sooner. Battery life and usability of the phone is WAY above and beyond what you get used to as a stock phone.

Sorry to be dajo downer in your post. Welcome to the club and this is truly a great place with great members of all walks to help you out.

Don't be intimidated or scared to ask questions...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance