No Replacements In-store?

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Your first replacement *should* be a new device, where as replacements there after are refurbished. At least, thats what the store associate told me when I got my first replacement.

Negative Ghostrider.

You get a new device if you need a replacement only during the 30 (now 14) day window.

The one time I filed a claim with Ausurion, I got a new phone.

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Negative Ghostrider.

You get a new device if you need a replacement only during the 30 (now 14) day window.

The one time I filed a claim with Ausurion, I got a new phone.

I received my replacement after the 14 day window.. soo maybe they didn't have refurbished devices yet when I got mine replaced?

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I break down the warranty replacement legalese super simple:

1. Its refurbished. We all know this already. You provide the battery, cover, and charger from your current phone.

2. You now have five days to get the defective device in the mail to avoid full retail charge. Verizon does not need to receive it by then, it just has to be post-marked by then.

3. If the defective device shows MAJOR damage, such as a cracked screen/body, you will be charged $99 for a feature phone or $299 for a smartphone. Verizon will also email you photos of the damage in question. Verizon cannot return your old device once it has been shipped to us.

NOTE: We currently have no fees for what we call NTF (No Trouble Found) devices that are returned. However, I would not abuse that as I get a strong feelings from some of the memos I've received that NTF fees may be on the horizon. What this means is you make absolutely sure that you have done all the troubleshooting with the Tech Support over the phone. A battery pull does not constitute all the troubleshooting. If the Tech Support agent seems to skip things, back his ass up and make him do it. Trust me, the extra 10-15 minutes it should take for that will make you happier later when you don't have to worry about a $50 NTF fee or some other such nonsense.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I received my replacement after the 14 day window.. soo maybe they didn't have refurbished devices yet when I got mine replaced?

That would be my guess. When a phone is brand new the first few hundred replacement devices are in fact new only because there are no refurbished devices in existence yet (but they usually come in the same plain brown packaging as refurnished). But other than that replacements are always refurbs after your return winnow. did get a new one a few days after the return period once (this was a USB modem but this was because we had support tickets going back almost a week before that.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That would be my guess. When a phone is brand new the first few hundred replacement devices are in fact new only because there are no refurbished devices in existence yet (but they usually come in the same plain brown packaging as refurnished). But other than that replacements are always refurbs after your return winnow. did get a new one a few days after the return period once (this was a USB modem but this was because we had support tickets going back almost a week before that.

Now, when a phone is less than 14 days old (from its initial launch, I mean), they don't have a certified like-new replacements (refurbs, which I will call CLNRs) to give out. Makes sense, since anyone that bought the TBolt on launch day and needed it replaced within that first 14 days would get a brand new phone anyway (which we classify as DOA, or Defective On Arrival replacement). The returned phones get fixed up and just sat on until after that first 14 days.

However, you have to think of how many hundreds of phones won't even turn on out of the box at the store, how many get returned within the 14 days, and how many the store reps swap out for themselves. All those go into the CLNR inventory. Within the first 14 days after a phone is launched, it is not uncommon to have at least a thousand. VZW already has a hearty stock of the DInc2 CLNRs, and those have not even been out 10 days. No one will see any of that CLNR stock for the DInc2 for another 4 days at least, though.

If I got a brand new TBolt after my 14 day return window, then I would personally just giggle and not say anything, but thats me.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
So we gotta pay 299,if we accidentally break our phone even if we have insurance?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This has nothing to do with insurance. That is and has always been handled through assurion. You pay the appropriate deductable for your device and they ship you a replacement and you ship the dead one back. This effects warrantry replacements which you used to be able to do in store.