How to stop syncing Picasa?

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello!

So, recently, I downloaded Gallery 3D, because I love the UI.

However, as I have read across forums, when you download this application, somehow Picasa web albums gets installed, and syncs photos to your gallery. I didn't even know I have a picasa, but somehow I do, and there are some strange pictures there to say the least. Unfortunately I can not delete these picasa photos, and there is nowhere in
Accounts & Sync-->Google to uncheck/untick Picasa syncing.

(Side note, there is no picasa album on the TB's "main" gallery

Do I have to delete Gallery 3D?

How do I stop syncing of picasa to my phone?

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think every gmail account has a picasa. How those "weird" images got to your account. Your guess is as good as mine is.

I would say go to gmail (On PC) and click photos at the top (if its not there click more and find it). Then simply delete them from there. If those pictures were on picasa before they were synced to your TB. Maybe they can only be deleted from there.

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Menu
Settings
Accounts ans Sync
Click on Account
Uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums".

PS - Picasa is an AWESOME way to back up your photos. I bought 200 gigs worth of storage from Google for $50.

amandab

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having this same problem on my Nexus S 4G. When I go to Menu - Settings - Accounts & Sync then click my account, there is no option to uncheck Picasa. The button that says "Sync Picasa Web Albums" only gives the option "touch to sync now" but there is no option to NOT sync. I can't even delete the photos from the phone! Is there some other way to prevent it from syncing, and to get rid of the photos that have been synced already?

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I am running MR2 and apparently this is one app that the Market won't show me when I search for it. Anyone have the .apk?

Dark Penguin

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a dumb question, but I really have never paid any attention to Picasa until I noticed the pictures on my phone and then found this thread! I was surprised to say the least, because the first Picasa picture I saw there was one I took of myself at a local museum. To the best of my memory, the only place I've shared it is with a message board to which I've belonged for over ten years. Obviously, anyone else who belongs to that MB could conceivably do whatever they want with that picture, but then it wouldn't show up on my phone for any particular reason. It is an anonymous message board in the sense that even the moderators don't necessarily know the members real names, although a valid email address is required. So how did the pictures get on Picasa? I never even signed up for an account.

And question number 2: if I do allow my phone to sync with Picasa, the pictures that I see on my phone aren't really on my phone, are they? That is, are they just shortcuts to the actual pictures in Google's cloud or whatever it uses?

ETA: Come to think of it, I did upload the picture in question to Photobucket, since the MB I mentioned does not allow the direct posting of images. But still...who would know to find it on Photobucket if I didn't tell them first?

Last edited:

carla_francisco

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
TRY THIS!!!
Settings>Accounts and Sync

Tap Activate auto-sync
Tap your Google Account
then uncheck Sync Picasa Web Albums
back Tap Activate auto-sync for uncheck.
DONE

This was driving me nuts in my Sony Ericsson Live - I had inadvertently left Picasa checked when I was playing around with the settings :)
Thanks!

wtastle

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no box to uncheck to stop this program from syncing with anything. How can we unsync everything BUT the calendar? I'm using a Droid Razr with Ice Cream Sandwich.