You know what?s funny

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Besides clowns!
Obvious anyone reading this is a techy or above average when it comes to phones or fairly young. I had a BB with the click wheel while most might have been in diapers. Ok I am older, but get the technology. Of course I have a teenage son to help and the all mighty Android Central help line.

What do you think the average percentage is of people who own a TB or in general smart phones that are or aren?t aware of the problems?

Honestly how many consumer probably didn?t even know an OTA update was available and then not available?
Or aware of the issues or non- issues?

From talking with business associates, I travel and also talk occasionally to other business people in the airport. Most BB users never knew about updates or just accepted the problems and when I would offer my little bit of knowledge or send them you?re your sister web page Crackberry they would be so grateful.

So back the original thought. Do you think that the average user is aware of any of the actual issues or non issues with the phone?
It is only a phone after all. Yes I know some of you think its more, but in realty it?s only a phone, don?t put it on a pedestal!

If the percentage is greater of non informed consumers, which it most likely is, then you will always have the issues on all phones. Remember some consumer just don?t care enough to complain.
Thanks for all your help

aBoldPatriotsFan

Android Enthusiast
Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey! I owned an 8703e with the click wheel. Not by choice but i used for a month or two. I say its about half.

For one of us there is another one out there that has no clue about what rooting is and other stuff we do. And they would probably find out about the update only because it pops up on their screen.

Comparing it to BB i would say is a little biased. Since the average age of a BB owner must be double that of Android and iPhone owners.

And no i don't think they are actually aware of those issues. The 50% of tbolt owners probably think their phone is just Crappy. Without trying to figure it out and fixing it. They take it into the store and get it fixed or replaced.

Your right if we were to look at actual stats it maybe more like 60-65% non informed users. I think its just a phone i'm certainly not a fan boi of it. I was a FB of BB though.

Last edited:

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No stats here, but I think the percentage of uninformed uses is even greater. And there are many who are frustrated & only have the VZ store employees to try to help them troubleshoot :(

mudturtle5854

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree Bakerboy. I'm early on in middle age, but have loved tech since I was first exposed to the Commodore 64 and Amiga. Most of the people in my office have no concept of keeping up with their phones, computers, etc.... I always have fun when they have a problem that relates directly back to keeping things up to date. I love my TB and have it set up where I get about 20 hours out of my battery with normal usage. As with most things though, it is the squeeky wheels that improve things (usually) for the rest of us.