Htc Thunderbolt

danielle_b

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Im due for an upgrade now on Verizon's network. I have and Htc Incredible, but would love the new tech. I'm really not liking all the post about the Thunderbolt. Every site i've been to is reporting problems with phone. Also, the fact that it wont get upgraded beyond Gingerbread nor with it get Sense UI 3.0..is it worth it to wait

Oh, shoot im also scared to wait, i wonder will Verizon grandfather me in with the data plan i have or if i dont upgrade befor May 15 am i subject to pay extra cost for data plan:-\

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
How many sites are there that report problems? Are they reporting different problems or the same problem on all sites? Nothing wrong with my phone and I love it tremendously. Especially with my extended battery.

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
no phone is perfect. Every thread you always see the same bad things. What about the good things?? I see alot of happy people loving their new phone.:)

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love my Thunderbolt. It's the best phone I've ever owned! I don't have any bugs. Amazing device.

I did get the extended battery.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same boat....I was paper-benchmarking every phone in existance that was out and was supposed to come out...and then I realized - ITS A PHONE!

Do you enjoy it? Is it something that you like? Does it serve your purposes?

If so, then get the phone! I was so caught up in Tegra processors and screen types and everything else and then I said to myself...I use the phone for like 1-2 hours a day for a phone call or checking the internet/facebook/whatever...I don't need crazy dual core high end cpu's for gaming on a dinky little phone...that's why I built a gaming PC and have an Xbox - the phone does a perfect job, and coming from a BB Storm2, it's been the greatest thing since sliced bread.

My advice - go to VZW, play with it, and if it feels like the phone for you, then get it and don't regret it! The phones that are coming out now are all pretty much obsolete, so what's the real difference?

In terms of the data pricing, there's been no indication of it changing on the 15th yet...in fact there's talks of extending the free mobile hotspot...I wouldn't worry about that too much.

acmorris

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys glad your phone works great for you, but let's not forget there are some people having problems/issues with their phones. Be it hardware or network problems, there are issues thou! I know I've had mine replaced 3x already, but my fall in the network related problems.

Now danille to your question is if want the phone, go for it and try it out for the 14 day period. If not for you before the trail ends, take it back and try another phone.

One more thing with my new phone alot better than my other 2, works like it is supposed to still with a few quirks, but nothing that can't be fixed later on! Hope this info helps out!!!

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If you spend some time on each device forum you will never buy a phone. Read the consumer press if you want realistic reviews for average users not hobbyists, techies and nerds who push the devices to the max and will never be satisfied for very long with the latest and greatest.

Whetzel

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm more than happy with my Thunderbolt and I've never experienced any major problems.

Verizon gives you a few weeks to return any new phone. If you're worried about issues, just try it out and if they exist, return it for something else.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Its new tech, there are going to be problems, and the nature of tech forums is that they focus on trouble shooting and complaints.

Like 90% of the bolt owners im very happy with mine, and have recommended it to a few of my friends even.

try it out in the store and if you buy from vzw you have 15 days to exchange it. so what do you have to lose? well besides a $35.00 restocking fee if you return it :p

good luck!

pmkelly

May 4, 2011
www.pmkelly.com
I've had my Thunderbolt for several weeks, and am quite happy with it. In fact, I like it more now than I did when I first bought it. I originally went through the process of rooting it, but am now considering just going back to a 100% stock system. I have grown to really like the Sense UI, and am not concerned about the battery issues like I was when I first got the phone.

I upgraded from a Motorola Droid and paid the "early upgrade" fee. Not that I needed a new phone... just wanted one I guess. Overall, I love the Thunderbolt!

jedoles

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
In most cases people search the web to A. Find how to fix their problem and B. Complain about their problem when it comes to products. Its not common for someone to search out a message forum to praise the product.

Forums like this are a little different in that there are other things you can do with your phone so not everyone is here to complain obviously.

Point being you are always going to hear more negatives because the people that arent "tech savy" but are happy with their phone arent going to be here talking about it.

jedoles

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
In most cases people search the web to A. Find how to fix their problem and B. Complain about their problem when it comes to products. Its not common for someone to search out a message forum to praise the product.

Forums like this are a little different in that there are other things you can do with your phone so not everyone is here to complain obviously.

Point being you are always going to hear more negatives because the people that arent "tech savy" but are happy with their phone arent going to be here talking about it.

Oh, love my Thunderbolt BTW. Best phone I have ever owned. :)

waldo_where

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I love my TB. I have had no problems, but with the battery, though I use my phone all day long for work, so I am sure that I drain a battery faster than most.