I just rode the lightning..

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
So i came early for a concert in nassau coliseum in uniondale,ny and i realised that there is 4G LTE on the outskirts, so i tried to turn on my radio for LTE, and all i have to say is wow. In a STEEL roof stadium, where i get no 3G usually, i get LTE loud and clear. And even on the outskirts of the tower reception, i get 15Mb/s up and 3Mb/s down. Thank you verizon! Youtube in hq? In the snap of your fingers? Music mp3 files? Instant. This website? 2 secs, and done. I cant wait till it comes to east LI in a few months!

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just had to post because I liked the title of the thread.. Glad U got to enjoy the LTE network and that amazing building penetration is due to that ultra low freq... got to love 700Mhz!!

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Great but LTE doesn't seem to penetrate my house. 3g always works but 4g is crappy at my house. verizon tells me its fine in my area since I am in the dead center of 4g map, but have to switch to 3g at home. I have submitted two tickets with no resolutions. Worst customer support ever, so I just stopped trying. However 4g works great at work and school. However I don't get service at lower level in school, or some parts of the 6 story building. While the iphone 4 that I had was off the hook when it came to signal quality, that think worked everywhere.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
nyry, have you heard specific details of when LTE is coming to the rest of LI? I'm out in Suffolk and can't wait myself!

well, when i got the phone, the rep told me they have active plans in covering SK within 6-8 months, and that its currently at farmingdale, and working its way east. SO, to test the extent of LTE on LI, on my trip back, i kept doing speed tests, and the LTE connection never got slower at any point, but it DID stop at westbury all together. hope that helps :)

Reactions: marcsledjeski

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Great but LTE doesn't seem to penetrate my house. 3g always works but 4g is crappy at my house. verizon tells me its fine in my area since I am in the dead center of 4g map, but have to switch to 3g at home. I have submitted two tickets with no resolutions. Worst customer support ever, so I just stopped trying. However 4g works great at work and school. However I don't get service at lower level in school, or some parts of the 6 story building. While the iphone 4 that I had was off the hook when it came to signal quality, that think worked everywhere.

I've actually heard something like this a while back, but with 3G. From what i heard, it has something to do with distance, if you're too CLOSE to the tower, you will get the same "effect" as if you were in a fringe area. Personally, i'm on the fence about someone stating this, but i would do some research on that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz