[QUICK TIP] Close/Hide Third Party Keyboards on your Thunderbolt

Were you already aware of this information?

• Total voters

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Setup

One of the most annoying things about having an all-touch device is having the keyboard either pop up when you don't need it, or not go away when you're done with it. I've found this to be even more frustrating when entering login information when the keyboard blocks the "submit" button from view.

Typically, pressing the back button is sufficient to hide the keyboard. But on some occasions, a press of the back button will unpredictably pull you back to the previous app, take you back a page in the web browser, etc. This is frustrating for obvious reasons.

Fix
The menu button(!). Long-pressing the menu button will tuck the keyboard away for you without any risk of losing the text you've just entered. This may be common knowledge to some, but I've been using Android every day since '09 and it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I discovered this. Hope this info is useful for you guys. I know I use it on a daily basis.

Edit: Can anyone confirm that this works for other Android Devices? If so, I will post it in the Android Help & How-To Forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon(2632)

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
You're right. This actually applies to any non-stock keyboard. (I use Smart Keyboard Pro, personally.)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke