LED notification while charging?

bluelite#AC

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello to all.

I just got my TBolt couple days ago and loving LTE! Coming from a Moto D2 so there is a learning curve.
On to my question:
One of the first things I noticed was when you are charging your phone, the (tiny) LED is steady orange, which disables all notifications when your phone gets email, texts, etc. while it is plugged in. This is rather annoying since unfortunately this phone happens to spend a good deal of its time charging! This forces me to constantly pick up the phone and wake it to check for any notifications.
Is there an app or workaround that can enable my TBolt to receive notifications while charging. I am not rooted, btw.
Thanks!

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello to all.

I just got my TBolt couple days ago and loving LTE! Coming from a Moto D2 so there is a learning curve.
On to my question:
One of the first things I noticed was when you are charging your phone, the (tiny) LED is steady orange, which disables all notifications when your phone gets email, texts, etc. while it is plugged in. This is rather annoying since unfortunately this phone happens to spend a good deal of its time charging! This forces me to constantly pick up the phone and wake it to check for any notifications.
Is there an app or workaround that can enable my TBolt to receive notifications while charging. I am not rooted, btw.
Thanks!

Congrats on getting the TB, its an awesome phone. For emails, I do not believe so but for text messages there are 2 apps mainly (GoSMS or Handcent SMS) that can have screen turn on and receive a popup notification (the popup can be disabled just making the screen turn on for 10 seconds).

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to tb Tbolt! I love this phone but the LED is seriously worthless. I tend to put my phone on normal when charging so I can hear notifications.
There are POP up messages apps, that light up the screen but I find that more annoying than no notification!

Otherwise, the only other way is to keep waking the screen and looking.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Hope you're enjoying the ThunderBolt. Not getting LED notifications while charging is a little annoying but I use audio notifications most of the time. If I'm away from my phone for a bit I've gotten in the habit of waking it up to see if I have new messages. It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world either.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
An app called light flow should do the trick... it is able to make the led glow orange or green for sms emails etc while charging. You can also set priorities. It works really well for me and is free. Hope it helps!

lightflow, for me, did not work while the Thunderbolt was charging.

were you able to charge the phone and have the LED change color/flash when an incoming text/emailwas received?

thunderz

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Hm that is strange I am able to get the LED to change color for a text and email while charging. Personally I have light flow set not to glow the LED while charging but to turn orange when 99% charged. I then have email, text, and missed call turn green. They are set at priority 1 and fully charged is at priority 15 so the LED will turn orange when charged but if a message/call is received the orange is superseded by the green. Hopefully that will work if not let us know! O and also in the master phone settings all LED notifications are off as light flow takes care of them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance