Typing "ng" does not work on my phone. Anyone else have this problem?

gamer6592

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Every time I type a present tense verb "KissiNG, HuggiNG, goiNG, takiNG" etc, it does not work because when I type the last two letters (N-G) right when I type the "G" the "N" disappears and it becomes "kissig, huggig, goig" etc. Does anybody have this problem? I really dont want to take the time to back up my crap and master reset my phone.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this a lot when I type the. It may be because you're typing quickly. Also happens when I type it. I get an t showing. The last letter typed is replacing the first. Try it out and type it fast. T. Try typing kissing slower and see if it still happens.

Or, is kissig in your auto correct? Maybe it's the first option there. Delete t from your custom dictionary.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
It's funny I hated that my OG Droid didn't have auto-correct when the key board was out. Now I hate that auto-correct is always on, and I have to proof read everything before sending.

menji

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have GB keyboard and i still have the same problem. So I'll agree with the notion that it is most likely because we type too fast. So i have been trying to force myself to slow down a bit.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have GB keyboard and i still have the same problem. So I'll agree with the notion that it is most likely because we type too fast. So i have been trying to force myself to slow down a bit.

That's really odd. Maybe a different kernel would help, I know the GB keyboard did it for me but all our phones are different.

JakesPrePlus

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Download the gingerbread keyboard from the market.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. I love the Gingerbread keyboard, it's much better than stock. I'm running a completely stock phone though and I've never had any typing issues. I simply prefer the Gingerbread keyboard overall.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc