Handcent vs go sms pro

Devils Advocate

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I apologize for asking this as this is my initial post on here. Which sms program or App is better? Go Pro SMS or Handcent? I need one that lets me make a group of at least 23 contacts and is a great messaging app. Once again I apologize for making a post like this. Oh yeah Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's out there.

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Handcent, but it seems messy, I like GO SMS PRO, since it's cleaner, and i really like the iphone themed messaging app.

But now since I'm rooted, I can't notice the difference between the normal messaging app and handcent and/or go sms pro. And since it's themed black it really makes me say bye bye to go sms and handcent.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Unless they get rid of the slideshow in HTC Messenger I'll stick with Handcent.

The popup for Go SMS really sucks. Iphoney themes really Suck. So that's why Go SMS sucks. Very limited customization.

Reactions: Thunder_Struck

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Definitely handcent. A lot of custom options and less iPhone themed. Which is the big winner for me.

sent for my fantastic thunderbolt.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Christmas and Valentine themes. How fluffy and boring. Seems like the developer is a girl. More power to girl developers, but the app should be called Girl SMS. I wouldn't use any of the themes and IPhoney look a likes suck.

Handcent has a lot of font choices. The pop-up buttons may not be customizable but most of the necessary buttons are there.
The Go SMS pop-up has four buttons and only one is useful.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I use go sms pro, my girlfriend and I just switched it from handcent to go sms pro because its just as customizatible as handcent but faster and without the lag

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I will agree with everyone here about GoSMS pro being better than Handcent but the thing that I like more about Handcent it seems to have just a little more customization than GoSMS does. Thats not saying GoSMS is slacking when it comes to customizing but Handcent seems easier to change colors/themes and general settings. For example I really like on Handcent how you can have the screen turn on when you get a text at low brightness... seems very simple but its a good small addition. In the end, either one... both are great but I usually find myself going to GoSMS more than Handcent.

Makaveli1490

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Go sms... I started noticing problems with Handcent

I dont use popups and stuff. You know certain people like to scroll through my phone and I dont want them reading what's in there lol

Reactions: User One

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Handcent and really like it. The lag I may see (not very often) is usually when I have stored lots of messages in the app. GoSMS sounds interesting, might have to look at that?

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Go sms... I started noticing problems with Handcent

I dont use popups and stuff. You know certain people like to scroll through my phone and I dont want them reading what's in there lol

You do know you can password protect Handcent, or create a vault file without notification for people on the side, right? I bet Tiger Woods wishes he'd used that feature...

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
They are both great, but there is something to about handcent, and I can't name it, that just makes me choose it.

Sent from the "silently rooted" Bolt via Tapatalk

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Go sms allows the screen to turn on when you get a new message, its in settings

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

I know you can, but I like how Handcent has the option to have the backlight dim when it turns on for the text message at like 10% brightness or something. Also, unless I couldn't find it, Handcent lets you change the duration of the screen on for notification while Go SMS you can't.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with Handcent over the last couple weeks, but I've loaded Go Launcher EX and have been very happy with that... I'm considering loading Go SMS to see what everybody is so happy with it... the great thing is they are both free and I can try out each for as long as I want and judge for myself.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the quick text a lot. Quick text is only accessible in the conversation in Go SMS, and only in portrait. In landscape its hidden behind the input screen. Why wouldn't quick text be accessible from the pop-up? Isn't that when its used the most?