Sending but not receiving texts

nstigsell

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Thunderbolt since March 22. SMS working fine, no issues. Then I noticed that I texted my friend 4 times over 5 days. He never responded, which was weird, because he always responds. He claims he never got the texts. Anyways, on Friday (5-6) my phone stopped receiving SMS messages. I could send them, but couldn't receive them. I called Verizon tech support 2 times on Saturday. The first guy claimed to "know a lot about Droids and Thunderbolts". He had me dive into the applications screen in settings and force stop and clear data on the Messages app. Then I went back to the Messages app and sent myself a text. I stupidly said it was working and hung up. I called back later and was told to take out the battery and SIM card for 10 seconds. I had done this numerous times before, but did it again, with no luck. I then dived into settings and was looking for anything. I downloaded Handcent, I dialed *#*#4636*#*#, and changed it from CDMA+LTE to CDMA only PRL. I texted myself from a different phone. No luck. I changed it back to CDMA+LTE and gave up. I went to the Verizon store today (Sunday) and the rep spent 40 minutes taking the battery out and putting it back in. She then called tech support and tried that. She told me "the messages are stuck in the tower and we are trying to get them". Then she said she would overnight me a "new" phone and I would activate it and send back the old one.
Is it really a new, new phone? The Thunderbolt has only been out for 2 months, so they can't have that many refurbs. BTW, I have Total Equipment Coverage insurance.
Do I send back just the phone, or the accessories as well?
Does it come in a dull, boring box, or is it the black retail box?
Thanks in advance for the answers! I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had these problems, and also to know how swapping devices works.

Thanks,
Nick

zachnelson

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had my Thunderbolt since March 22. SMS working fine, no issues. Then I noticed that I texted my friend 4 times over 5 days. He never responded, which was weird, because he always responds. He claims he never got the texts. Anyways, on Friday (5-6) my phone stopped receiving SMS messages. I could send them, but couldn't receive them. I called Verizon tech support 2 times on Saturday. The first guy claimed to "know a lot about Droids and Thunderbolts". He had me dive into the applications screen in settings and force stop and clear data on the Messages app. Then I went back to the Messages app and sent myself a text. I stupidly said it was working and hung up. I called back later and was told to take out the battery and SIM card for 10 seconds. I had done this numerous times before, but did it again, with no luck. I then dived into settings and was looking for anything. I downloaded Handcent, I dialed *#*#4636*#*#, and changed it from CDMA+LTE to CDMA only PRL. I texted myself from a different phone. No luck. I changed it back to CDMA+LTE and gave up. I went to the Verizon store today (Sunday) and the rep spent 40 minutes taking the battery out and putting it back in. She then called tech support and tried that. She told me "the messages are stuck in the tower and we are trying to get them". Then she said she would overnight me a "new" phone and I would activate it and send back the old one.
Is it really a new, new phone? The Thunderbolt has only been out for 2 months, so they can't have that many refurbs. BTW, I have Total Equipment Coverage insurance.
Do I send back just the phone, or the accessories as well?
Does it come in a dull, boring box, or is it the black retail box?
Thanks in advance for the answers! I'm just curious to see if anyone else has had these problems, and also to know how swapping devices works.

Thanks,
Nick

You'll receive a refurb. It comes in a brown fedex box, inside the phone is in this really poorly designed cardboard thingy. You keep the battery, SIM, SD card, battery cover and charger. Just send the phone back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674