Thunderbolt overheated now wont turn on?

bmw3wags

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I plugged my Thunderbolt into the charger last night and when I woke up I notice that it was turned off and phone is extremely warm for some reason and now it wont turn on anyone ever heard of this?

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you been able to turn it back on after having it sit for awhile? Sounds like maybe something is just to hot for it to be able to start up and it needs to cool down.

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
In the brief window between obtaining the phone and rooting it, I noticed my battery tended to get hot. Since root with custom kernel that problem has gone away.

Unlikely, but worst case scenario you fried your battery. Batteries and heat are mortal enemies.

As someone else asked: stock charger? Third party / cheapo chargers can draw more current than they are supposed to which might damage your battery.

Try connecting via stock usb cable and computer; this is a less rapid rate of charge. Once connected, try to turn on phone. If successful, unplug and see if phone stays on.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
My guess is the battery is toast and you need to put in your spare.

You do have a spare battery don't you?????? I mean, these are thunderbolts after all.

bmw3wags

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Would the thunderbolt be able to turn on without the battery? Im just wondering as I dont have a spare and it wont turn on even if i plug the charger in.

liljohn#AC

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had this several times to me my phone had gone up to 152 degrees the only thing you can do is wait until your phone cools down then plug it in and try turning it on a few times you'll have to wait until you feel your phone give a little vibrate that it is turned on. I'm not sure how to fix it though. I'm pretty sure Verizon won't know because they don't experience the problems like us clients

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance