Lets be serious....4g really isnt that great

brb198#AC

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I mean, for downloads its faster - loading flash pages and stream video....but for checking facebook, looking at pictures, updating twitter, it really only seems a LITTLE faster, if that.

At the same time, it kills battery. 3G just seems like an allaround better technology, will run most of my every day apps at nearly the same speed. What are yall using 4G for that makes it worth it to you? Im cool with it because its no additional cost, but doesnt seem worth it to pay extra unless you're using a laptop or something.

CarrierUnlock

Wireless Unlocking
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
IMO 4G is great. I used to get about 18 hours out of my stock Droid X battery. I use my phone a lot, and I am getting about 12 hours not before it hits 15%.

I use tethering on occasion VZW LTE is faster than my home internet(Charter 20down-1up). I also use Pulse to consume my news, the feeds update faster and pictures load pretty much instantly.

Downloading apps is faster, and uploading files to my server also faster. Pretty much anything that requires an internet connection will load faster. Even if you only save a minute a day if you are busy that is 6 hours a year lol.

I feel like battery technology has some catching up to do. To each his own I guess.

Reactions: Chrisy

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow... I'm not sure why a person that believed 4G is not all that would buy a Tbolt... it would have been much cheaper to buy a old Droid, DInc, or maybe a Droid X... nothing wrong with any of those if you like 3G.

Reactions: Chrisy

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
See what you are not taking into account is that the 3g (eHRPD) on the thunderbolt has boosted speeds over normal rev.A 3g data. this allows the thunderbolt to use data and voice at the sometime.

I have seen a pretty big difference in speed going from 4g to Rev.A 3g, but not a big jump from 4g to 3g eHRPD.

My speed tesst showed around
4g: 11-20mbps up 3-10 mbps up
3g rev.A: 3-5mbps down 1-3mbps up

Reactions: z71kris and Chrisy

tenniswild65

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow... I'm not sure why a person that believed 4G is not all that would buy a Tbolt... it would have been much cheaper to buy a old Droid, DInc, or maybe a Droid X... nothing wrong with any of those if you like 3G.

+1

Also, 4g is faster. It is just plain faster. People like faster...

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe just exchange your Bolt to the DInc 2 if you're not impressed / unhappy with the 4G speeds that the Bolt is putting out. Just saying.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
better skype image quality, better streaming youtube hd. on 4g, it's smooth. on 3g, it stutters sometimes.

browsing sites heavy in graphics. of course, if you browse sites with not too much graphics or use apps that don't require a lot of bandwith, then yeah, no major advantage to getting a 4g phone.

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I would rather have a thinner phone with dual core exynos and a super amoled plus qHD over 4G. basically I want a galaxy s 2! :)

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You want me to be serious about 4G? I love it! Hope it gets better down the road and available for everyone. I know they are having problems, I have notice it in my area, but still love it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital