Dropped Phone

Chance

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
So I dropped my Thunderbolt at work tonight... :'(

When I try to turn on, the red and green light come on and don't turn off. And the phone shows White screen with Htc, but wont go any further.

I think its done. Was going to go to Verizon store tomorrow and see what to do.

Sigh

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hope you have insurance. If you keep the fact that you dropped the phone from the techs, and they replace it under warranty, then the warranty returns warehouse get the phone and finds that it is not working due to concussive damage, they will charge you $299 as a damaged device fee.

However, if you do the math, since $299 is only $50 more than the 2 year pricing, and $269 less than full retail... *ahem*

Reactions: Edwill86

jedoles

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Hope you have insurance. If you keep the fact that you dropped the phone from the techs, and they replace it under warranty, then the warranty returns warehouse get the phone and finds that it is not working due to concussive damage, they will charge you $299 as a damaged device fee.

However, if you do the math, since $299 is only $50 more than the 2 year pricing, and $269 less than full retail... *ahem*

At that point would it be better to just pull the battery and say it was stolen?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
At that point would it be better to just pull the battery and say it was stolen?

that's how i was told to handle my last claim through VZW, from a VZW CSR over the phone.

not condoning it, in any way--but it did work.

if they were NOT able to cover the phone repair/replacement---i'd demand my $ back for months that i didn't use the service. might not get very far, but it's ridiculous to pay for a service and not be accomodated. pay insurance=piece of mind that my phone is covered when i trip & it falls to the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC