Laggy Messaging App

under999

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
For the last week my stock messaging app has been very laggy. It happens when I type and when selecting conversations. It sometimes freezes then force closes. Do yall have any ideas to fix this? It is starting to get annoying.

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
For the last week my stock messaging app has been very laggy. It happens when I type and when selecting conversations. It sometimes freezes then force closes. Do yall have any ideas to fix this? It is starting to get annoying.

under manage applications clear the cache and data. You might lose your messages if you clear the data idk. You can backup texts with other programs if need be.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Do you have some long conversations in there (like more than 100 messages)? I noticed that if some sms threads get to be over 100, it starts lagging. Delete them and start them over. Works for me.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest clearing the cache/data (settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> Messages).

If that doesn't make a difference, you may want to delete some of your longer text threads or switch over to a third party app. I use GO SMS Pro - it gives you the option to backup your texts to the SD card so that deleting them from the phone (whether intentional or not) isn't a huge loss.