phone reboot

Runnerzdad

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
.My unrooted TB seems to reboot at around the 100 hour uptime mark. Most of the time it is laying down ont he desk or in the car, but a few times it has done it while I was surfing or right after a phone call.

Android version 2.2.1
kernel version 2.6.32.31-gb05544a

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

Runnerzdad

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was seen this happen a few times, and its a bit of a slow process, because a lot can cause this...

First, check and see if you have any application management apps downloaded (task killers, task managers, etc), battery "saver" apps, or any memory clearing apps. Get rid of those. There are others that glitch and can cause power cycling, but they are hard to list. Wait and see if the issue persists.

The step we want to take next is to power off the phone and remove the battery (hard reset). Wait about 30 seconds and put it back in (ensure the battery is connecting properly), making sure the battery cover is completely secure again. That battery cover can cause signal issues and shorts if not connecting properly.

Wait for about 100 hours. If the issue persists, back up all of your data (SD Card files *should* be safe), and go into Settings -> SD Card and Phone Storage -> Factory Data Reset ***THIS WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE!!!***

After that, go through the initial set-up, making sure you have your Google account log in ready. All your apps will re-download, contacts will be restored from their backup location (Backup Assistant, Google, Facebook, etc).

The only things you really "lose" is SMS messages and homescreen configurations, which you can backup SMS by downloading, you guessed it, an SMS Backup app.

If this does not work, call VZW Tech at 800-922-0204, explain to them you removed any potential harmful apps, did a hard reset, then a factory data reset, and your phone still power cycles. The Tech rep may be lost at first, because he will have to think if there is anything else but to replace the phone, which there is not. Be gentle and laugh with them. We will get you a replacement that does not power cycle.

Runnerzdad

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
nope I did not put any task killers on this phone just to see the difference in battery life from my daughter. I removed the only bettery app ( for showing batterylife differently) and removed all the apps for rooting the phone after deciding not to root at this time.

The crazy thing just rebooted for no reason.

The only add ons are Dolphin, Youversion Bible, the US Constitution, Antivirus Free, The federalist papers, Pandora, Local news app, Mahjong and PGA tour.

Haven't gotten around to adding anything else yet. Too busy working.

I will do a hard reset this weekend and see what happens next.

Thanks,

RD

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon