Question regarding OTA firmware update and camcorder audio fix

t_reax

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a lot of members have reported the camcorder audio has improved after installing the firmware update, including myself... After restoring my phone to stock then d/ling and installing the OTA update I did several test videos in order to check the sound level quality. No problem, plenty LOUD! Just as soon as I rooted my phone I shot a couple more videos, this time, the sound was almost NOT there. Even with the volume set to max... My question to the other members who have improved audio after installing the update, have you rooted phone yet and does the sound level still sound normal? Thanks...

shelby57

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I did not notice a change in video sound after the ota update. I sent an email to HTC. And received an answer in 3 hours. It seems to be a noise cancellation issue built into the phone software. Not something Verizon can fix. They told me a short term fix is to cover one of the 2 mics while recording video. This should work until they get the software update to fix the issue released. I did try it and it does work. I covered both seperately and each video sound was very loud . Easiest one to cover is the one at the bottom talk mic as the other is too close to camera lense . Eaiser to hold phone while covering talk mic and take a video. I do hope that software update is soon. Just wanted to pass the info

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Why would you downgrade to stock when the official update has been available for rooted users for almost a month now? Have you tried flashing a different rom?

gile

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Waiting for audio..

How much longer do they want us to wait and be unhappy with this feature ....I need audio with my video????:(

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Haven't downgraded to stock and redone the OTA or rooted.

Audio is definitely improved since the OTA though. I was going to root if the OTA didn't fix it, but it did. So no need to root now!

Korsin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a lot of members have reported the camcorder audio has improved after installing the firmware update, including myself... After restoring my phone to stock then d/ling and installing the OTA update I did several test videos in order to check the sound level quality. No problem, plenty LOUD! Just as soon as I rooted my phone I shot a couple more videos, this time, the sound was almost NOT there. Even with the volume set to max... My question to the other members who have improved audio after installing the update, have you rooted phone yet and does the sound level still sound normal? Thanks...

No problems after a reboot for my two TB's.
Did the firmware update on both and tested the audio with the video recording, and it was greatly improved.
Seen your post and did a reboot on one just to test it out again, and no change. Did a reboot on the wife's phone and the audio is still nice an loud with a video playback.

Also we have not had a problem with the phone rebooting on its own after installing the upgrade, as others have reported.