Thunderbolt free hotspot confirmed Pricing Too- June 15th

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
At&t now charges $10 for tethering and get this....it s unlimited.a friend of mine just signed up for it. I wonder if verizon would ever beat or match that deal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
$20/5GB is highly unlikely from VZW. Current VZW mobile broadband price is $50/5GB... So obviously hotspot isn't going to be cheaper..

VZW's past methodology on tethering pricing was to bring the total data pricing up to the level of a dedicated wireless modem/data card. Used to be $60/mo. So, on a phone, they would charge you $30/mo for unlimited data and $30 for tethering (i.e. total of $60 to match a data card price).

So... now that a data card price is $50/mo, it sounds logical that the MHS would cost $20/mo added to the current $30/mo for the phone (equals $50/mo - same as data card).

-Frank

CaptDigB

May 9, 2010
Visit site
For Smartphones & Feature Phones
Mobile Broadband Connect & 3G Mobile Hotspots

Monthly Access Fee $20 Monthly Data Allowance 2 GB After Allowance Per-GB Rate $20

I cant see the price being any different being that the devices still will be using 3g also. Look at the rates for 3g and 4g they are all the same.

CaptDigB

May 9, 2010
Visit site
VZW's past methodology on tethering pricing was to bring the total data pricing up to the level of a dedicated wireless modem/data card. Used to be $60/mo. So, on a phone, they would charge you $30/mo for unlimited data and $30 for tethering (i.e. total of $60 to match a data card price).

So... now that a data card price is $50/mo, it sounds logical that the MHS would cost $20/mo added to the current $30/mo for the phone (equals $50/mo - same as data card).

-Frank
Yeah but you get 3 gb less data and higher overage fee with the current smartphone hotspot package compared to $50 5gb $10 per gb overage. So it doesnt add up.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Your post seems to hint that the price for 4G will be more than $20 for 2GB! Is this true? :(

Not hinting at anything. Literally I have no more information than what I have been repeatedly droning out on here recently. There is no pricing information yet.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but you get 3 gb less data and higher overage fee with the current smartphone hotspot package compared to $50 5gb $10 per gb overage. So it doesnt add up.
I have never publicly accused VZW of doing anything logical! :D

I personally would pay up to $29/mo, but I would like more than 2GB for that. Not much more. I'd be satisfied with 4-5GB at $29/mo. More $ than that would be very tough.

-Frank

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I was not tethering before the Thunderbolt, so I can live without it, but will learn how to root -- just because Verizon is beginning to be too greedy! :-$

Did you just say "beginning"?...... BEGINNING?... Really?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Everything now a days is all about making money... and in that case they are making all kinds of money from Data... I'd like to use it, but I'm never going to pay that much... let's repeat: NEVER!!!