Something is Wrong with My ThunderBolt

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
There must be something wrong with my TB. It doesn't Re-Boot on its own (OTA installed), gets 16-18 hours between nightly charges (live in 4G area, screen on auto), phone quality is the best of the 10 prior smartphones I have owned, kickstand isn't peeling, there is no dust under my screen, emails received and sent without problem, same with texts, GPS now locks within 10 seconds and location is accurate. Thank goodness I still have that bloatware stuff, because I am not rooted, so I have something to moan and groan about.

Makes me wonder about the thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of consumers that bought this phone because, well it is a phone, never read sites such as this and use there device and enjoy it for what it was intended until the next "latest and greatest" comes along and they have an upgrade available.:)

Reactions: K_Daddy

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been very happy with this phone as well, no major problems to report.

Forums like these tend to give the outside observer a negative viewpoint because people voice their opinions more when they're having problems, and not when everything is working fine.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
There must be something wrong with my TB. It doesn't Re-Boot on its own (OTA installed), gets 16-18 hours between nightly charges (live in 4G area, screen on auto), phone quality is the best of the 10 prior smartphones I have owned, kickstand isn't peeling, there is no dust under my screen, emails received and sent without problem, same with texts, GPS now locks within 10 seconds and location is accurate. Thank goodness I still have that bloatware stuff, because I am not rooted, so I have something to moan and groan about.

Makes me wonder about the thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands of consumers that bought this phone because, well it is a phone, never read sites such as this and use there device and enjoy it for what it was intended until the next "latest and greatest" comes along and they have an upgrade available.:)

The symptoms you have described are not normal for the TB, you should try dropping it in the toilet a couple times then plug it into a 220 outlet. That should help bring it in-line with everyones else's TB.

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

Perfectly said my friend. :D

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Yep - lovin' my T'bolt. Don't live in a 4G area yet, but I've been able to spend a couple of weeks in one while traveling - very very happy with my phone.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

Mine is having the same issues as yours NONE! :D

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you 5 are in the minority! I'm having less issues than some. But I'm still getting one reboot or shut down a day. Based on the amount of threads and number of posts on here about the issues post OTA, you guys are lucky...or rooted! Lol.

Pre OTA was fine. I'm not too worried as I'm sure it will be fixed. I've experienced worse OS updates than this on my Blackberry.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh thank you for posting this! I thought I was the only one with a "messed up" Bolt. I've got the EXACT same problems!

dmarlow83

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey it's not like we want to *****, if you were getting a dozen reboots a day as well you'd be wondering what the hell the problem is. And no it's not the hardware, I don't recall it ever rebooting before the OTA update.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This is my second TB, the first had some cosmetic issues ... This one works great, battery could be better but I knew what I was getting into when I bought it...

sent from my TB via tapatalk

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The symptoms you have described are not normal for the TB, you should try dropping it in the toilet a couple times then plug it into a 220 outlet. That should help bring it in-line with everyones else's TB.

A contrario! Believe it or not, the symptoms he describes *are* the norm for the Thunderbolt... see on these forums (and at my work, I might add) most posts are about phones not working. At least here, unlike at my work, people posts about how good their phone is... Nobody calls Tech Support to tell them how awesome everything is working...

Reactions: Groucho and Chrisy

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Nobody calls Tech Support to tell them how awesome everything is working...

We often need to be reminded of that. Truth be known I think most Tech Support professionals would report that they solve most problems by educating the User not actually having to fix anything.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gladly I can say my phone has not had any issues either. What I find strange, though is that I have owned the D1, Fascinate, and the TBolt. In the forums all of these phones have a lot of posts with many of the similar issues, battery, reboots, signal quality, but yet on all of my phones I have not seen these issues. Granted I do root all of my phones and remove bloat but I do not go buckwild on installing apps, and with the TBolt I have not even felt the need to change ROM's just remove the VZW garbage. I know that with mass production there are going to be lemons but I also wonder how many problems are related to apps, ROM's, and skins compatibility that are being installed.

Just a thought.

musicman555

May 13, 2010
Visit site
That is my only issue as well, and since the OTA my gps has improved slightly. But no re boots or major battery issues. It's been a solid/great phone since day 1!