So I went to the Verizon store to check out some accessories and ask about the multimedia dock and while I was there I checked out the Charge.

I must say, I was not that impressed. The store I went to had a row of 2 Charges and 2 Thunderbolts (they were side by side and alternating) and the screen on the Charge was a little brighter, but in all honesty, not bright enough for me to justify it being $50 more than the Thunderbolt and I thought both screens were crisp and clear. The Charge was quite a bit lighter feeling than the Thunderbolt, but it felt a little cheap and toy-like.

And to all of you who may be wondering, the guy said that the multimedia docks for the Thunderbolt are officially in their systems now, but they can't order them yet, so he said probably within a month at the latest.
    zog1977 likes this.
    05-14-2011 03:25 PM
    You are a happy smart Guy! I am happy too.
    05-14-2011 03:28 PM
    The overall interest and backing that the Thunderbolt has is unmatched. It's already the second most popular phone here, only the Evo that has been out for a year has more of a following.

That was the main reason why I chose the Thunderbolt. When you have that kind of support, it's a no brainer decision.
    05-14-2011 03:37 PM
    The overall interest and backing that the Thunderbolt has is unmatched. It's already the second most popular phone here, only the Evo that has been out for a year has more of a following.

That was the main reason why I chose the Thunderbolt. When you have that kind of support, it's a no brainer decision.
    Yeah, HTC devices seem to have pretty good support all around.
    05-14-2011 06:58 PM
    I played with it too and I totally agreed it felt cheap and the screen was regular when I put it side by side. It felt totally cheap and plasticky. When I pulled a page with heavy flash it took a while for it to start working. I do like the hdmi mirroring. Plus the new $35 restocking fee totally turned me off that just crazy.
    05-14-2011 07:14 PM
    Yeah, I think most people are happy with the Bolt.
    That charging dock has been listed in their system since day 1, but you can't even order it.
    Asked about it today, but an order couldn't be placed.
    Also a little bummed that I couldn't order the HTC Media Link in the store. Was hoping the Verizon store would be able to order it, so I'd get a discount. Verizon doesn't offer any product that let's you connect the Bolt to most TVs. The Media Link has been available online from another website for a few weeks.
    05-14-2011 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD