Any Loss of Mobile Data the last few hours?

Azimuthmedia

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I live in Phoenix, have no Mobile Data connectivity. When I restart, 4G shows for a second, then gone. Used the LTE OnOff to force 3G CDMA, but no connection. It's acting like it did when VZW had the outage last month. My phone is rooted stock, but I haven't done anything to it in weeks. Thought I'd better check in here before pressing the panic button. Thanks for feedback.

Azimuthmedia

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Just discovered for some reason WiFi toggle borks my radio. If I turn off wifi (it was on to help gps location), Mobile Data comes back on just fine. This hasn't happened prior to today. Hmm. Will continue to investigate.

Emissary

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I've had this problem since I pushed the update through this past Friday. I have wondered if this is due to the actual update itself or my constant battery pulling (an old CrackBerry addiction of mine) and me thinking that the antenna contacts on the battery cover perhaps aren't making contacts with the terminals.

Anyone else???

Azimuthmedia

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem. I've had this problem since I pushed the update through this past Friday.

Did you turn off (on?) wifi like I did? Or are you just saying you've had trouble with 4G/Data connectivity in general? Because I'm still on 1.12~ firmware, no updates myself. And turning on wifi turns off 3/4G. Weird.

Emissary

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have been having trouble with data connectivity for a while. I could be sending an email or text message or making a play on Words w/Friends. The data indicator will start out as '4G' or '3G' and as soon as I hit 'Send', the indicator will drop down to '1X' or simply 'x' and the data transmission fails altogether. I have none of the problems as stated above if I'm running off of WiFi. But as soon as I cut off WiFi and depend on ota data services, the troubles start again. I may be wrong, but it's my belief that 3G/4G is intentionally turned off when the device is operating over WiFi. No?

rungel

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The last two days at exactly the same time during the day 3pm to 5pm i have lost 3G and 4G in NYC.
I have a stock TB with the OTA and have been pretty solid since i purchased it a month ago.
The only way i was able to get data back was to reboot the phone. This is killing me as i use the phone for business. It would be fine all day inside then right when i leave to go outside no data, GPS for the TB has been out for over a week...maybe i should do a factory reset !

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois