mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
As you can tell from my post count, this is my first post here in the forums. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for all of the help and advice you've given regarding the Thunderbolt. While I haven't posted before, I have read many of the threads that have helped me get the most out of my phone. I'm coming from a Blackberry Pearl Flip, which I actually liked and had no problems with, but the Thunderbolt obviously blows that phone out of the water. I was waiting on the Bionic, but once they put it on hold and decided to reconfigure it, I took the plunge and am glad I did.

In any event, thanks again, and I appreciate having such a knowledgeable community to draw from when an issue arises!

Now that I've sufficiently buttered all of you up, I do have one question though. I haven't received the update on my phone yet. I know I'm not alone here, and I honestly don't think I want it since my phone works really well. What I'm wondering is, do I have to install the update when/if I get it? Will it affect future updates if I don't download it? Or will future updates include these fixes along with fixing the bugs present in this one? I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere - I just didn't see it. Thanks again.

Reactions: zog1977

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Mightyfacundo. Good to see the forums have been of help. I supposed you don't have to get the udpate but I can tell you my phone was fine before and it is still fine after the update. The TBolt will also be getting the Gingerbread update before the end of June (we all hope) and that one I'd recommend you get without second thought. Gingerbread has some performance improvements that will make the phone even faster.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Nice post and one I should have made as well. This community is a great one. The update definitely addresses a few minor nags. If you shoot video with your TBolt you will discover there is an issue with the recorded audio being almost nonexistent. The update fixes that for the most part by turning on the correct mic. It also fixes, again to a certain extent, not dropping data connection completely when it loses the LTE capability and needs to fall back to 3G.

I had an unplanned power-off and one random reboot since the update which had never happened before. Also, my battery life was pretty good after the phone settled in for a few weeks and I made some minor tweaks. For about 2 days after the update my battery life was taking a hit but that has now stabilized as well and appears to be coming back to where it was before.

So, despite a large pendulum swing of user results here in various threads I see no reason not to do the update. If you have at least 40% battery charge and a solid data connection you should be able to get the update by manually checking for it via Settings>Software Update.

I'm about to go an extra mile here and pull both battery and SIM card and let the phone readdress everything on boot-up.

All in all, this is my first Android coming from long BlackBerry use and I'm very happy with my choice so far.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I definitely will download the Gingerbread update and am looking forward to it in the next month or so.

As far as the most recent update, I've checked the Software Update section in my phone, but nothing happens after I click the "Check New" link. It goes through the "Checking for new Software available now" routine, but nothing happens. I've also tried tcapote's method of changing my settings to "CDMA Only" in the LTE OnOff app, but that doesn't work for me either. No worries though. Like I said, my phone works pretty well as is, although I haven't tried using the video camera yet. If I do, I would like the audio to work, so if the update finally comes to my phone, I may have to upgrade and hope for the best.

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21