Cracked my Thunderbolt without dropping it!

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
no. Scratch resistant != scratch proof. It's just a nice buzzword that the manufacturers like to have to make people feel all warm and fuzzy and give them a false sense of security.

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
no. Scratch resistant != scratch proof. It's just a nice buzzword that the manufacturers like to have to make people feel all warm and fuzzy and give them a false sense of security.

More good to know stuff.

Just to recap, it's never a good idea to put other objects in the same pocket that has a cell phone with a 4+ inch glass front on it - wow, who'd have thunk? ;)

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
My mom's OG droid has gorilla glass and it hasn't scratched since she got it on launch day but mine happens to crack 2 months after I get it? HTC is a scam artist.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
My mom's OG droid has gorilla glass and it hasn't scratched since she got it on launch day but mine happens to crack 2 months after I get it? HTC is a scam artist.

Or you should know better than to put something next to your thunderbolt's screen that has a high likelihood of breaking it. You wouldn't put a steel beam on top of your car's windshield, would you?

Question: Was your IPT in a case?

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
Even in the pocket alone the screen is vulnerable to getting crushed up against the edge of a table or whatever if in your pocket. It sucks, but that's how it is. Even Gorilla Glass can be broken. They never claimed it was completely indestructible!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Even in the pocket alone the screen is vulnerable to getting crushed up against the edge of a table or whatever if in your pocket. It sucks, but that's how it is. Even Gorilla Glass can be broken. They never claimed it was completely indestructible!

I had a palm pre and ended up destroying the screen that way. Ran into the corner of a piece of furniture and it caught it in just the right place to crack it in the middle of the screen.

AFirefighter

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
That is no fun. I've had my iPod Nano, my wallet and my Tbolt in the same pocket for some time without issue. I have a case I got from Verizon, but no screen protector.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon