Cannot connect to PC after software update

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
My PC is not finding my Thunderbolt after connecting via USB ever since the software update. I have it set as Media Sync for connection type. Trying to update my DoubleTwist. Please help! Anyone having this issue???

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My PC is not finding my Thunderbolt after connecting via USB ever since the software update. I have it set as Media Sync for connection type. Trying to update my DoubleTwist. Please help! Anyone having this issue???

i've been having the same issue since the update.
have you tried, on the computer---start>my computer>view system information>hardware>device manager>Universal Serial Bus Controllers>"Android" (right click, update driver)>automatic/search web

something along those lines.
after waiting 5 minutes, mine kicked in and installed the Driver.

Hawk11nw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Im having same issue from laptop but not from my desktop, I tried reinstalling all drivers but no avail, I just exported all android drivers using drivermax, going to import them into laptop and see how it goes.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have an HP laptop running windows-7 no issues with mine. It did install a new driver as soon as the phone was connected and then requested the laptop to be re booted once rebooted I just selected disk drive on the bolt and loaded in my pictures like always.

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm dying here - still cannot get it to work....anybody have any idea what to do? I tried turning on USB debugging and it didnt work. Tried to download the drivers that automatically pop up and it also didnt work. PLEASE help!

joeyyamms

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't waste your time doing a factory reset, it still connects and disconnects. Its gotta be something with Verizons network switching too 4g. Why do u think they extended the free use of it til June 16th? They know there's a problem....hopefully they fix it soon.

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Joey - it has nothing to do with the mobile hotspot. XTC - I had previously tried different cables/different USB ports, but no luck. HOWEVER, after doing my 3rd reboot (mind you, this was after a factory reset still didn't fix it) it finally started to work. I am only able to connect via "Disk Drive" mode (which allows me to sync everything I need) but Media Sync mode is not recognized on my computer. VZW rep say the media sync driver may be corrupt. Anyhow, all is well now and thanks again for the comments!

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue too. Granted, I only connected to my work desktop by USB once before the software upgrade, and that was with the OEM usb cable, but now I can't connect by USB to my work computer with a non-OEM cable (which worked completely fine with my TP2). Tried restarting the phone numerous times, including with the phone connected via USB, and also went into the phone's "connect to PC settings," and even into the Connect to computer app and cleared the data. No dice.

I was googling about this yesterday, happy to hear I'm not the only one. I have no intention of doing a hard reset, at least at this point in time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2