multiple gmail accounts in gmail app?

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen this addressed in the Thunderbolt thread, so hopefully something has changed from the old post in the other threads.

I am unable to add a second email address to the gmail app. It goes through all of the processes and syncs, but when I go back into the app, there is only 1 email listed in the drop down menu.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? From what I could find this is apparently an HTC problem.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have not seen this addressed in the Thunderbolt thread, so hopefully something has changed from the old post in the other threads.

I am unable to add a second email address to the gmail app. It goes through all of the processes and syncs, but when I go back into the app, there is only 1 email listed in the drop down menu.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? From what I could find this is apparently an HTC problem.

i have been able to/am currently able to add a secondary account and find it in the drop-down.
if you look in your accounts & sync list under your phone menu (home screen>menu>accounts & sync) does it show a second GMAIL address beneath your primary gmail address initially tied to the phone? and if so, is it fully enabled to sync?

just to be certain--you're adding the 2nd gmail address through the gmail app, and NOT through the htc Mail app? if you add the second account through the MAIL app, it won't show up in the gmail app.

also, try clearing the GMAIL app cache yet? home>menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all>GMAIL>Clear cache/clear data

liquidice

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem when trying to add a 2nd gmail address through the gmail application. If you go to settings and then Sync & Accounts and add it there, then it worked for me.

Reactions: Rem

SeeDroid

May 19, 2011
Visit site
can't add from either interface

I tried adding from Settings and also from the Gmail app.
They both bring up the same screens, and they both say it worked.
But when you look, the second account is not on the phone anywhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7