Looks like our fearless leader got a response on the reboot issue from Verizon.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That is interesting. I often lose signal at my house. Not just with this phone, I just have post VZW signal at my house.

Maybe when that happens it reboots....I'll watch.

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
i hate the fact is that you can get totally different answeres from different reps.

if that happened at my job, people would get fired.

mercury694

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I will not be installing the OTA update on the new TB. (At least not until it's been out a while, and proven free of major bugs.)

I've found Verizon's customer service to be pretty good lately (last 2 years or so). At least they put someone on the phone that's a native English speaker. I compliment them on that every time I call, hopefully it encourages them to keep it up. Actually, the 2 I've dealt with in the last 2-3 months have been bright and actually seem to care.

If anything goes wrong with my 3rd TB, I'll ask for a different device. It's a pretty nice piece of hardware, but it's not so cool that I couldn't switch to something else.

Gresch

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Those saying their phone has never rebooted are either not noticing or are in denial. There probably are not a few magic devices that are immune. Most likely, the user doesn't want to admit it or hasn't noticed.

Or their phone hasn't rebooted.

Like mine. Not 1 reboot since the update.

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a poll would be handy, so we can get a better feel for how wide spread the problem is.
I added one in a new thread.

Let's see if it's a fluke to have the bug, or a fluke to have a perfectly working phone.

Checker

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Those saying their phone has never rebooted are either not noticing or are in denial. There probably are not a few magic devices that are immune. Most likely, the user doesn't want to admit it or hasn't noticed.

I'm at 178 hours plus with no reboots. My last reboot was the OTA. Maybe there ARE some magical devices.

Last edited:

johndabeast

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine rebooted once since the update, was in the car and it wasn't doing anything except connected to the Audi MMI system via bluetooth.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine was plugged in to the wall charger when the phone decided to reboot.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Same here, I had just plugged my phone into the usb charger and within minutes, i glanced over and watched it rebooting... I was unaware of that accurance.. but i have had it reboot at random times of the day off battery itself. I'm use stock rom, with the latest OTA update.. also i can't get past the 9hr time frame ... where as before the OTA update i was averaging 12 hrs. of lasting power.. also i'm in an only 3g area anyways the closest 4g is 2hrs north east and 3 hrs. south west... too far for any leaks my way.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Almost all of my reboot have happened when the phone was charging via uab. I'm getting several reboot a day now. I've had 5 tod6 and am probably going to do a factory reset tomorrow if the problem persists its been suggested that we reflash the update. Does anyone have a link to the download file - preferably on Gooogles servers?

tcorkum

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I can not believe that this update is causing so many issues. Before the update I did not have any reboots and the battery life was OK. Since the update it seems to run through battery and the reboots have been consistent 2-3 times a day. I have been doing a lot of traveling and with every new 4G area I have to manually reboot the phone to get proper signal. I would switch devices if I had not already bought so many accessories. I am now thinking about rooting the thing just to get some stability.

ChampaignCowboy

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Turned off all GPS functionality last night. Still had two reboots. And now some app, albeit unidentified, pops ups that it cannot "get my location".. every few hours. So.. GPS radio is probably not the issue. I would go into airplane mode and watch my phone, but that's kind of stupid if you think about it. ;) I am in forced 3g and/or wifi mode only. reboots happen if wi-fi is on or off, if gps is on or off.. etc..

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I can not believe that this update is causing so many issues. Before the update I did not have any reboots and the battery life was OK. Since the update it seems to run through battery and the reboots have been consistent 2-3 times a day. I have been doing a lot of traveling and with every new 4G area I have to manually reboot the phone to get proper signal. I would switch devices if I had not already bought so many accessories. I am now thinking about rooting the thing just to get some stability.

Before the update I got one abut every 3 days give or take. Almost always when the phone was sitting idle on the charger. Now I get at least 3 a day or more with no particular pattern. Irrirating to say
The least

Alma

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow. That is crazy. Maybe some type of bad code in the OTA. Well, so much for thinking I was getting a TBolt. For a minute, I thought it was an LTE issue (some type of lingering effect).
Don't write-off the Thunderbolt just yet. It really is a great device!

My Thunderbolt has had no re-boots or any other problem except dropped calls, which I think is unrelated to the device. It has been up for about 25.5 hours since being removed from the wall charger, with moderate voice and data usage, and the battery level is currently 22.

I am currently using the mobile hotspot trying to get the battery to drop to 20 so that I can put it on the wall charger and it seems to be taking forever.

Alma

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Chrisy, I have been monitoring my phone carefully with SystemPanel, battery status and checking recent apps because I was still within the 14-day trial period.

I am sorry that your Thunderbolt is rebooting, but my Thunderbolt truly has not rebooted even once.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the reboots may be location based. I am now in Tampa, FL and I have not had one in a few days. But when I was in Gainesville, I was having many a day. Signal strength may be a part of that, too.

Alma

May 8, 2011
Visit site
My uptime under Battery is at 170 hours. I have not seen a reboot issue yet with my phone.
Your uptime under battery of 170 hours is incredible for a Thunderbolt! It is what I had originally hoped for, but I've gotten just under 26 hours maximum with the stock battery, with 20% left, so possibly could have gotten another few hours.

Are you using the stock or an extended battery?

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Your uptime under battery of 170 hours is incredible for a Thunderbolt! It is what I had originally hoped for, but I've gotten just under 26 hours maximum with the stock battery, with 20% left, so possibly could have gotten another few hours.

Are you using the stock or an extended battery?

Up time is the time since the phone was restarted or turned off. So it can include plugged in time just so you know.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Folks, "Up Time" doesn't mean it was all on battery. It just means that it's been 170 hours since he turned the phone on. The battery part of it would be in the "Time since unplugged" timer.