quick question

rgfaith

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
when i look at battery use it say's unplugged for 2 and a half hrs.
when i look at running services it say these programs have only been up for 42 min.
does that mean my phone rebooted when i wasn't looking?
the reason i am not sure is because normally when i do a restart, i go and look in running services and have to shut down all of the ones that are not needed ( you know the ones )

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
when i look at battery use it say's unplugged for 2 and a half hrs.
when i look at running services it say these programs have only been up for 42 min.
does that mean my phone rebooted when i wasn't looking?
the reason i am not sure is because normally when i do a restart, i go and look in running services and have to shut down all of the ones that are not needed ( you know the ones )

no, this doesn't mean your phone rebooted when you weren't looking.
since the OS has a built in task killer & can manage processes fairly efficiently, it will end apps/processes & begin them again when necessary (calendar sync service, messaging sync service, maps, etc---mostly background processes that you never initiate yourself)---chances are some of your apps were automatically ended by the phone X minutes ago and then re-opened b/c they were being called upon for operation 42 minutes ago.

could be mistaken, as i didn't create the OS myself :)

rgfaith

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the response. i have had no problems with the update until 2 days ago and have had 3 reboots and today it completely shut down. i had to restart it myself, so i am just trying to have a greater understanding of the update issues. besides that i freakin love this phone...

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
go here
home>menu>settings>battery>up time=time your phone has been Powered On
home>menu>settings>battery>awake time=time that your screen has been On for you to see

up time will tell you how long your phone has been Turned on (since the last boot up process)------so it should tell you how many minutes since your last possible reboot.

i've had a few reboots, also---but still love the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech