05-20-2011 04:07 AM
50 12
tools
    05-18-2011 09:00 PM
    That's funny
    05-18-2011 09:04 PM
    LOL....My buddy has one and I feel the same
    05-18-2011 09:18 PM
    What? You didn't like touchwiz and the orange and brown theme?

You are hard to please
    05-18-2011 09:19 PM
    It just felt like a cheap junky plastic toy phone in my hands. Yes the screen is nice but Oooh the rest of that phone is fugly!
    05-18-2011 09:28 PM
    Lol... I'm not going to crap on it, but those buttons on the front are terrible to me.

Sent from the "silently rooted" Bolt via Tapatalk
    05-18-2011 09:30 PM
    i wasn't impressed with the screen and it was really slow. It fc on a flash site twice and i was done with it.
    05-18-2011 10:33 PM
    The Samsung Charge has a cheaper build quality than the HTC Thunderbolt? Coming from a Motorola Droid 2, I feel the HTC Thunderbolt's build quality has a cheap feeling to it. I can hear creaking in the plastic by the ear piece if I even the slightest amount of pressure on it. Thankfully, that's right on the ear piece and I never do that but I noticed it today. Plus, I had to put electrical tape on the bottom edges of my battery door because it's creaking noise is very noticeable. I prefer HTC Sense to MotoBlur but in ways I'm considering switching to the Motorola Droid Bionic if it's battery life and build quality is better.

But in no way do I regret my purchase. Just little things I've noticed that I feel are unacceptable on a flagship device. I just can't believe the Samsung Charge could feel any cheaper but anything is possible I guess.
    05-18-2011 11:34 PM
    O
    The Samsung Charge has a cheaper build quality than the HTC Thunderbolt? Coming from a Motorola Droid 2, I feel the HTC Thunderbolt's build quality has a cheap feeling to it. I can hear creaking in the plastic by the ear piece if I even the slightest amount of pressure on it. Thankfully, that's right on the ear piece and I never do that but I noticed it today. Plus, I had to put electrical tape on the bottom edges of my battery door because it's creaking noise is very noticeable. I prefer HTC Sense to MotoBlur but in ways I'm considering switching to the Motorola Droid Bionic if it's battery life and build quality is better.

But in no way do I regret my purchase. Just little things I've noticed that I feel are unacceptable on a flagship device. I just can't believe the Samsung Charge could feel any cheaper but anything is possible I guess.
    Im not sure what creaking you hear the thunderbolt is 100% aluminium except for the battery door. The Charge on the other hand is 100% cheap plastic.
    05-18-2011 11:48 PM
    O

Im not sure what creaking you hear the thunderbolt is 100% aluminium except for the battery door. The Charge on the other hand is 100% cheap plastic.
    That's nuts, it doesn't feel like aluminum. The battery door was the most annoying part which clearly isn't aluminum. The other part that creaks isn't too bad, just there.
    05-18-2011 11:58 PM
    Was not even impressed enough with it, that I felt the need to check it out and the brick and mortar is 1/4 of a block from my work.....my opinion from what I have read and seen via youtube.....it is a POS! Just my opinion of course.
    05-19-2011 12:12 AM
    O

I love my ThunderBolt but I don't know where you've been the TBolt is not aluminum unibody. This was discussed at length the day it was released and we all found out.

Here is the unibody thread where we posted when we got it:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...unibody-5.html

There are plenty of posts and threads about this if you search the forum as well.

That said, it still feels nice in the hand, just not aluminum unibody nice.
    05-19-2011 02:26 AM
    P
    I love my ThunderBolt but I don't know where you've been the TBolt is not aluminum unibody. This was discussed at length the day it was released and we all found out.

There are plenty of posts and threads about this if you search the forum as well.

It sure is an aluminum unibody

HTC Thunderbolt RUU Leaks
    05-19-2011 04:40 AM
    O

The unibody is aluminum, but that's on the interior. The exterior of the TB looks like metal but is plastic except for the kickstand.
    05-19-2011 05:56 AM
    I can't seem to really reproduce any "creaking" by putting it to my ear. I can if I put pressure on both ends, but I'm not really interested in snapping my phone in half. My case makes more noise than anything. Since this is my first smartphone, I was pretty amazed, however, at the weight difference between it and my friend's DroidX.
    05-19-2011 07:41 AM
    I had a chance to play with one last night. Impressions: like others stated, the phone feels like crap, I think it has an awkward shape, I dont like the plastic buttons on the front, the screen looks pretty for video, but imo fails at everything else because it lags like hell and is much slower than the TB, touchwiz blows, the coloring looks off, the 4g signal was dropping every 20 seconds, browsing felt slower, wifi hotspot wasnt working correctly, and multi-touch was touchy as hell. Also, 2gb internal storage blows.
    05-19-2011 07:54 AM
    + Samsung = No
    05-19-2011 07:58 AM

Hey that's my thread.
    I want my royalties now, if Lucas can do it I can.
    05-19-2011 01:32 PM
    + Samsung = No
    I wouldn't dump on Samsung so quickly, remember the Nexus s, 4g, and galaxy s2
    05-19-2011 01:36 PM
    Hey that's my thread.
    I want my royalties now, if Lucas can do it I can.
    I know it's funny I went back and read that last night.

The aluminum unibody is the only thing the TBolt is missing. Sucks we didn't get it. I knew the moment I picked up the demo unit that we had been cheated. I told the Verizon rep hey this isn't aluminum and before he even said anything the look on his face said it all. He bought one as well and thought it was going to be aluminum too.

And as to your royalties, the check is in the mail
    05-19-2011 01:36 PM
    I know it's funny I went back and read that last night.

The aluminum unibody is the only thing the TBolt is missing. Sucks we didn't get it. I knew the moment I picked up the demo unit that we had been cheated. I told the Verizon rep hey this isn't aluminum and before he even said anything the look on his face said it all. He bought one as well and thought it was going to be aluminum too.

And as to your royalties, the check is in the mail
    I was sad about that. Though I'm sure I'll love my Sensation.
    05-19-2011 01:45 PM
    I was sad about that. Though I'm sure I'll love my Sensation.
    I love the Sensation myself. It has pretty much everything PLUS it looks like the Nexus One(which is one of the sexiest looking devices imo). Hoping Verizon gets a version at some point. I'd switch to TMobile but I've been so happy with call quality on Verizon after switching from AT&T that I just hate to do it right now.
    05-19-2011 01:49 PM
    I love the Sensation myself. It has pretty much everything PLUS it looks like the Nexus One(which is one of the sexiest looking devices imo). Hoping Verizon gets a version at some point. I'd switch to TMobile but I've been so happy with call quality on Verizon after switching from AT&T that I just hate to do it right now.
    Eww at&t
    05-19-2011 02:11 PM
    YUCK!
    Don't hold back how you really feel.

I made a serious error and bought a Fascinate. I too expected better hardware , design and built quility.
    It was garbage.

Pretty display though.
    05-19-2011 02:19 PM
    Eww at&t
    I actually had great service from AT&T. Customer service was always great and 3G speeds were blazing. I got 3.50 down and 1.28 up om my N1. The only issue I ever had was hissing and static and dropped calls once in awhile.

The real problem I had was they never got great Android devices although that is starting to change. They are such Apple buttlickers though and I finally got sick of it.

Anyway like I said the main difference for me has been call quality. My TBolt has ZERO static, hiss, etc..the person I'm talking to sounds like they are right THERE. I've been enjoying it so much I may never leave Verizon as long as it continues.
    05-19-2011 03:27 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD