I had my phone on the charger before receiving a phone call. Phone rang, took it off to charger to answer out of my lack-of-privacy 20 person "Intern Room". I about 12 minutes on the phone and about 15 minutes on facebook after that, I noticed after that my phone was unusually warm (. I checked my battery use and was surprised to see that com.android.mms showed up using 26% of my depleted battery in that time. That seems very highly unusual considering i never sent or received a text message. When I clicked on it for details it used a total of 25m 46s of CPU total, with 10s in the foreground. (Included packages are Messages & Visual VM). The phone was only unplugged for 31m 47s. Does anyone have any idea what could possible cause this? It almost used as much battery as the call and display did!

I don't recall ever having a problem like this before.

Not sure if it's going to make a difference or not but my default SMS/MMS program is the stock Sense one, I do use the widget, and I was NOT on the homepage that had the widget for more than 5 or 10 seconds.
    05-20-2011 10:52 AM