I searched before posting but only see threads about battery life problems in general. Mine is decent on a normal basis.

This has happened twice now with a couple weeks in between. This first time was before the OTA update, so I can rule that out.

I've gone to bed with an almost fully-charged phone, and I'm not having any problems with the OTA update. My phone somehow drained overnight, over a period of 6-7 hours. Fortunately my wife had her alarm set. When I go to my phone and try to unlock it, it is at 1% battery and is telling me to plug it in immediately. Then the startup animation will commence, and I have only a short time to plug it up before it dies completely. It's very strange because it's not a full startup sequence or anything, nor does it show the HTC splash with the white background. It just goes straight from the battery notification to the startup animation and back to the battery warning.

In any case, I just restart the phone, and all seems fine. I'm assuming this has to be a signal problem somehow that puts the phone in a weird state for an extended amount of time. I'm in the middle of Atlanta, so my LTE signal is always 3-4 bars. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: Maybe it's also possible that Verizon was messing with the network, seeing as how I read yesterday they were expanding coverage in ATL. Just another guess.
    05-20-2011 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD