Haven't Downloaded the OTA update yet...Should I?

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I see that the OTA update is out but I have not downloaded it yet. With all the threads I am reading, it looks like people are having reboots and all sorts of issues with the update. Should I do it and take the risk or just not and leave it be?

jking3002

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly HTC/V have pulled the update, so you can't get it anymore. They will be pushing one in the future I'm sure, at least to update to Gingerbread.

jking3002

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Ehhh, tough call. Some people have had pluses with the update and no reboots. Some people have had reboots. VZW will replace your phone if it is rebooting... It's a gamble, probably 50/50 at this point, so I really can't give you advice either way. I can't believe the update is still out btw! That's insane. Also leads me to believe there is no fix coming, and that replace the phones this OTA breaks is their fix.

androidguy916

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and save yourself a lot of aggravation and frustration, don't do the update. If you're not having reboot issues and haven't done the OTA, I would hold off until the issues have been resolved. I wish I would have waited. I was getting 16 to 20 hours of battery a day (stock battery, no 4G here in most of Sacramento) and no reboots. Now, I have 4 to 5+ reboots a day and my battery drains in 5 to 6 hours if I'm lucky to get that much time. I'm past my 14 days so I'm stuck with it. I know eventually HTC and VZW will get to the bottom of the issue and issue another update. It would be nice if they had an OTA that would put the old radio firmware back on the phone. The common belief is the updated radio firmware is causing the reboot issue. I don't know if it is or not.

That's my nickel's worth of free advice.

Bill