Text Messaging

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have major lag issues w/ the native sense texting app? I have to tap back, several times to get out of the application. Any recommendations for replacement? Handcent? Others?

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i used to get this issue before i rooted, i'm on Das Bamf 1.6.3 Remix and it's made my phone as smooth as butter everything loads quick and i don't get stupid bugs like that anymore

d1c1ple

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
changed the vibration setting and some others I'd not yet done for improving battery life and now the built in SMS is immediate when hitting back :)

lovy

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have major lag issues w/ the native sense texting app? I have to tap back, several times to get out of the application. Any recommendations for replacement? Handcent? Others?
I have this issue as well, I have to keep using the back key to get out and sometime I will see a white screen before it will allow me to completely exit. Noob question...exactly what is Handcent and SMS?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue as well, I have to keep using the back key to get out and sometime I will see a white screen before it will allow me to completely exit. Noob question...exactly what is Handcent and SMS?

Handcent and Go SMS are alternative text messaging apps available from the Market. Both offer more customization than the stock text messaging app.

kalopsia

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
When you use handcent, can you disable the stock app? I tried to but couldn't...and so whenever I got a text, I had to go into both programs and check the message to get rid of the notifications.

Rem

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
When you use handcent, can you disable the stock app? I tried to but couldn't...and so whenever I got a text, I had to go into both programs and check the message to get rid of the notifications.

All you have to do is disable notifications in the stock app. Open it up, then tap menu -> settings and uncheck "Received notification".

I've been using GO SMS Pro since I got my Bolt. Very smooth - haven't noticed lag even when some of the threads reach 200+ messages.

Reactions: kalopsia

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been using VZW's free messaging application which is pretty good I'd have to say. A lot better then the stock application.