gmail vs pop mail menu difference

larryg

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
when i open my gmail account, select an email, there are 4 buttons on the bottom - archive, delete, and then a forward and back arrow. Makes a lot of sense and easy to use. However, when I open one of my pop mail accounts and open an email, the buttons are forward, reply, reply all and back. Not sure why they are different, but any way to change it to the gmail format so I can delete the email withou having to select menu, then delete?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
when i open my gmail account, select an email, there are 4 buttons on the bottom - archive, delete, and then a forward and back arrow. Makes a lot of sense and easy to use. However, when I open one of my pop mail accounts and open an email, the buttons are forward, reply, reply all and back. Not sure why they are different, but any way to change it to the gmail format so I can delete the email withou having to select menu, then delete?
Short answer, no. The difference you are seeing is a result of the difference between POP email and IMAP/Gmail email. Your options are determined by the server based on the type of email account you have setup.

-Frank

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to select multiple emails for deleting (like on the Blackberry) or are we stuck deleting hundreds one at a time?
I often select multiple emails for deletion (or Mark as read). Just touch the leftmost box on the email listing to place a checkmark in front of the message(s), then press the delete tab near the bottom of the screen.

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams