Facebook Notifications

Erica_Lynnnn

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I hate hate hate asking this but I can't seem to find the answer here. Everything was all fine and wonderful with my Facebook notifications until today, when they just randomly stopped showing up. I tried syncing again, and nothing changed. I also updated the app and restarted my phone. Nothing.

What to do?

Erica_Lynnnn

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one. I mean, it's not like I can't log into Facebook and check it out but still! Still. Between the random restarts and all this... sigh. This phone can be quite difficult.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that the official Facebook app is sometimes tempermental. Sometimes it just doesn't feel like sending notifications for some reason. It has been pretty good recently, but today it didn't send one notification even though I was right in the middle of a chat.

With me I don't think it has anything to do with the phone, I think it's the Facebook app.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The app is not great. I would even dare say the Blackberry Facebook app is much better as far as the notifications go. I have had to enable text notifications for some features because they aren't consistent in the app.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have found the best solution to this problem is to use Facebook for HTC Sense to upload photos, and bookmark Facebook.com and put a shortcut on the home screen. The touch website for Facebook is much better than any app that I have used.

I think that the Facebook app has sucked on purpose, watch Facebook branding on phones in the future.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Same problems...
I wont get a notification sound sometimes, but I will get the notification.. the other day I got a notification and my phone only vibrated and made no sound...then there are times there it has no notifications until I manually update fb. its just kind of weird.

iv cleared cache, removed my account and re added.. removed app and re added.. ect. its def an app problem.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't even bother to worry about Facebook notifications as I get the notifications emailed to me. I also use Pure Messaging widget which has an option to get the notifications via the widget but I don't use that. I only use the widget for emails and texts.

Another option is an app called Friendcaster For Facebook (it used to be called Flow). I don't use it anymore but it has a much better notification service than the native android app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

lomad

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
FB crapshoot

Facebook is a total crapshoot as to whether it will function properly in Android. I'm on my third Android device with the TB and all have had some instability (for lack of a better word).

Erica_Lynnnn

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. I do miss my Blackberry's awesome Facebook notifications but I will be checking out this Friendcaster business - or perhaps just enabling the email notifications, as some of you have done.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Read somewhere to change the email address FB is linked too, something about gmail accounts not working. I added an email address that I had laying around and changed it to my primary email on FB and the notifications started rolling in again.

I just have email notifications now, since gmail is pushed to the phone, it is almost instant.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci